Sign in to follow this  
Emminz

Well Disclaimer

Do you have some type of disclaimer in your contract stating that you are not responsable for any issues with a homeowners well? Basically ours states that we will be drawing 5gpm and that we are not responsible for issues with the well.

We put that in over a year ago and haven't had any questions until this year, which is odd since we have had tons of rain here lately. We added that because we had two issues. The first was that the recovery rate of the well could not keep up with the equipment. Apparently our inital flow test when we estimated the job didn't draw the well down far enough to test the recovery. The second was a blown pressure switch on a freinds house. Basically I don't want to get stuck with a repair bill on something that would have needed repair eventually anyway, as in the case of the pressure switch.

We can supply water for problem wells, but we do charge a little extra for that since there is added cost (trucking extra water, time in filling tanks...)

I guess I want to know if I should remove it, or if someone has a good way of wording it so people don't get so jumpy.

Thanks

Scott

Get the tank(s) to haul 300+ gallons of water. Not sure what you're using well water for in your cleaning applications, but city water makes your soap work better and rinses easier when doing house washing. It always scared me to death to hook into someones well because although they may say it's ok, all it takes is one good draw and the pump can start pumping air and burn up,...I don't ever want to burden a homeowner with that expense. You being the contractor needs to be aware of your water consumption and make that responsible determination. If you do use the customers' well, run it intermittently, with the use of a buffer tank of at least 100 gallons.

Jeff

Jeff

If you are going to use more water than a tank can carry and the well can supply, rent a water truck and have them bring a small truck with a couple thousand gallons. It's worth the expense not to harm the well. Usually you would look under companies that supply pool water for this service.

Beth

I have a 275 gallon tote and rent a 1000 gallon trailer when I know there is a water issue. The 1000 gallon trailer is just a pain with all the hills, narrow roads and twisty driveways we have around here. It also adds a lot to the cost. There are only three of us around here that do the job "right" and I need to keep my pricing inline. We're competing against Average Joe's Paint and Powerwash that charges half as much, so we all use well water. I'm not saying that using the well is right, but that's how everyone around her is doing it now. I plan on setting the 275 up to buffer, but haven't done that yet. The ultimate plan is to but the pw part of the company up to the point where I can dedicate a truck to it full time and set up all the proper tanks. Right now I just have a my pump and reels skid mounted and the pw tools and chems in bins. I schedule in batches and load and unload when needed. I also built a trailer over the winter, but have the long twisty driveways to deal with again, mine included. I keep looking for a good cheap NPR or similar, but haven't found one yet.

Thanks

Scott