Tonyg

Fence replacement cost instead of stripping

Question

Working on an estimate for a small deck that has a 21' shadowbox fence that will need to be stripped/stained on both sides. Did a test and am planning on the restoration but my normal rate would be $3.5 per side per ft and thats just not enough. If it was a regular fence it wouldn't be any big deal. I can honestly see replacing it as a more practical approach.

Pricing small repairs are one thing but how does replacement cost for fencing relate to your normal rates?

post-3028-137772253377_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Tony, I read where so many guys get guff from customers that cleaning and sealing costs as much as replacement. That's BS. You couldn't get any contractor worth his salt around here to build a cedar fence for less than $35 per LF. PT stockades would still be over $20.

The other side of the fence was completed protected by shade and the "interior" sides were in good shape. Just thinking about installing PT dog-eared boards instead of working between the cracks. I was thinking about selling a two-tone color scheme and it would look much better with new wood.

$35lf and I might be adding a new service :)

I think fencing is the best way to provide protection to your house,fields and gardens.But on the other hand since there are lot of complications involved within it one should actually be very careful.

Fence Repairs