Sign in to follow this  
premiumpowerwash

xjet = downstreamer with variable nozzle?

Has anyone tryed to make their own xjet? Now i am not bringing this to attention because i think the x jet is expensive ... come on for the price it is compared to the pay out it gives.... this is just for the equipment junkies that like to try something new ... put a male quick connect on the inlet of a downstream chem injector and a variable nozzle on the outlet and try it out just like you would an x jet. If anyone has tryed this .. or is going to lets hear about it .. I will have pictures of mine at the end of the week .. ps it works really goood !

Mark, get yourself a copy of E-Myth and read it. There is a term the author uses called a technician. We all have that tinkerer in us and there is nothing wrong with the instinct. Where it can become an issue is spending time reinventing the wheel. there have been many attempts to copy the X-Jet but none have come close. Its a perfectly engineered product.

Being one of the biggest suppiers of the X-Jet and M5 X-Jet, I often get sent units to test that are replicas of X-Jets. I try them all and have yet to find one that works as well. As stated eairlier, the design is extremley good and copies all seem to fall a bit short. That's why we love them and continue to offer them. I'd be interested in your designs if only for the fun. Let me know what ya'll come up with if you do try this. Those of you who love to tinker, have fun with it, and for those of you who don't, let me know if you need an X-jet. ;)

Paul that is exactly what I have experimented with. What feedback have you gotten from that product?

Tracy, have you tested what Paul's link shows? I know everyone lives and dies by their x jet , but in what way does the x jet perform any better than a downstream chemical injector attatched at the end of your lance with a variable nozzle ?

The only time a dilution would be that high would be on stucco. I've X-jet'd straight 12% onto nasty stucco. We downstream for vinyl cleaning. Some guys still use the X-Jet but I think more out of habit more than anything.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Xjet. I was using the M5 years before Tracy or anyone else could even get them. I have even help box up a few hundred of them in Mike's shop. However, downstreaming is quicker, don't have to carry around a bucket or push some homemade cart across people's grass, and uses about 1500 less psi. DS affords a much more controlled stream of water. I use the XJet for acids and a few other things, but never on a house.

People like it. The product holds up well and has a very good draw rate as well as being less than half the cost of an x jet. Plus if you do not like a variable angle tip you can convert it to a QC and put whatever nozzle you want in it.

i currently manufacture a fully CNC Machined Acid injector that we feel has many advantages to the traditional long range injectors on the market.

it is slightly more expensive than the e spec version but priced competitive to the x-jet.

i would welcome any comparison testing to the x-jet and feedback.

on a 7gpm test skid the simpson injector would draw 5 gallons in 2 minutes 15 seconds.

our injector emptied the same 5 gallons in 1 minute 55 seconds.

the distance of spray covered 25-35 feet.

construction is 316 stainless for corrosion resistance and is completely modular for replacement of individual components should that ever be neccessary.

this injector was built for a long lifespan in comparison to the welded simpson injectors that we used to have the welds disintegrate within 6 months.

i currently manufacture a fully CNC Machined Acid injector that we feel has many advantages to the traditional long range injectors on the market.

it is slightly more expensive than the e spec version but priced competitive to the x-jet.

i would welcome any comparison testing to the x-jet and feedback.

on a 7gpm test skid the simpson injector would draw 5 gallons in 2 minutes 15 seconds.

our injector emptied the same 5 gallons in 1 minute 55 seconds.

the distance of spray covered 25-35 feet.

construction is 316 stainless for corrosion resistance and is completely modular for replacement of individual components should that ever be neccessary.

this injector was built for a long lifespan in comparison to the welded simpson injectors that we used to have the welds disintegrate within 6 months.

Send me a sample of your unit And I will test it and write a review....

I have not used an xjet but I did buy a thruster nozzle recently and I love it. 50' of draw hose and easy to operate. I usually have to run 200' of hose to get around the houses so this works great for me. Usually takes about 4 gallons or less to wash a 2 story house. If I don't get the rinse I want I just change to the 4gpm nozzle and rinse, especially on the extremely tall homes.