Sign in to follow this  
jetstream1

Tundra crash

Question

I was driving down I-4 in Florida and here is my story of my crash

I was driving at the speed of 70 mph when I got a bump I did not catch on at first what just went on I look out the back and see parts flying all over

then it kinda hit.So I look out to right and here comes a smashed up ford ranger passing me it really hit me that this guy just hit me.So this guy just drives at 80 90 passing me like nothing so I get mad and chase him down till his truck can not move he had no choice but to pull over.Long story short

he call a off duty Highway officer that he knew so all said and done he said he was on cell phone and has bad knees that's why he hit me and could not stop I say he was on drugs or drinking but the cops buddy system kick in and he got off with careless driving.....

Now his Insurance will not call me back or accept he was at fault

now my truck pullls to the right and the back end is trashed its a 07 with 29,000 miles on it I;m the victim here are some pic with don't do much to looking at it in real time

post-2646-137772262567_thumb.jpg

post-2646-137772262646_thumb.jpg

post-2646-137772262728_thumb.jpg

Edited by jetstream1

14 answers to this question

I woulkd give them one more try do right then you should contact lawer. I also want to know How does any cop this guy ticket for careless driving on I4 hit and run. how bad is the bumper to you truck looks like cliped the right side only and there is some frame and body work that has to be done.

No he hit straight in the back end and folded my bumper up I know it looks like he hit me in the side but that's not the case like I said the pics really don't show the whole story

my truck pulls to the right now so I do not know about frame I was driving a long @ 70 mph he its me around 80 mph he was high if you ask me

Edited by jetstream1

Turn it in to your insurance and let them mess with it. Thats why you have insurance, its there job to sort out the other guy not yours!

There's your answer. Being in Law enforcement that is what you have to do. In NY you have to report this within 10 days because your damage is obviously over $1000 so you not doing that would be a misdemeanor on your part. Also since he hit you in the back he should be 100% at fault. If your hurting go to a Doctor or hospital immediately and get checked out and also have that added to the report. Whiplash can come back on you 6 months later and you will be sorry that you didn't report any complaint of pain from the accident.

Good Luck.

Was he the crack spider?

Sorry, I just read Beth's spider post and I'm sitting here in the hospital - slightly high - after having a new knee installed...due to an accident a year ago. (Not my fault - she admits to hitting the gas instead of the brake.)

This situation is why God allows lawyers to exist.

Definitely get your insurance company involved and make sure a report is filed like John said. If his knees are that bad that he can not stop a car he shouldn't be driving and if he told that to the cop it should be in the report. Plus he was fleeing the accident...I can't see why his insurance company wouldn't want to settle they could really get burned on this one.

I called both insurance co as soon as I walk in the door.

His co keeps telling me to claim on my insurance why do I need to claim on my end I did not hit him.I did see a doc. like now just waiting for them to take claim

Your insurance will process the claim as a uninsured motroist until they recive info from the other party and once the insurance company admits liability it will then go over to his insurance.

I made a claim to go through my insurance cause the other co said it can be up to 3 weeks to get started.I have called and put in a complaint on there adjuster for not keeping contact with me I have called and email him twice a day.My co called me and said the same thing that he will not return the calls.

So They said to claim on my end and it will not go as me at fault

its funny I make one call and they will have a tow truck at my house in the am and I can pick up a rental at any time...Wow one call to 15 calls to the other co and they still have not taken fault.I guess they will move a little faster now my truck is in tow I saw a Doc and will have a rental

Call a lawyer. Call a lawyer. Call a lawyer. Oh yeah one other thing.. CALL A LAWYER. Once you make that call everything speeds up and neither insurance company is allowed to talk to you. Your whole business is based upon the ability to perform physical work. Like John mentioned, many times problems arise a year down the road. This guy was negligent and admitted to it. "I have bad knees". How well would it hold up in court if one of us put a lance through a window and as a defense said, "I could control it with my bad shoulder"?