Sign in to follow this  
Jim_Cooney

Hydro Blasting

Question

Anyone have any experience with Hydro Blasting ?

I have the opportunity to bid a large project, water treatment plant. Involves the interior of a 8' in diameter pipe, several thousand feet. No hazardous material concerns, just a return discharge pipe that needs to be prepped before it is relined.

Specs require a 20,000 psi Hydro Blaster. I have found several sources to rent from, and they will provide training and support as part of the agreement.

Since I've never been on the business end of a 20,000 PSI, 24 GPM wand, I'd like to hear your experiences.

Working inside a 8' pipe is probably as low on the totem pole as it gets for pressure washing, especially here in Arizona with the heat. Access holes are located every 100' at the top of the above ground pipe.

As always, your input is much appreciated.

5 answers to this question

I don't have any experience with hydro blasting, but have read some articles in cleaner times magazine. I will try to look through them this week end and see if they may of some help to you. They may have them on line!

I would suggest talking to a manufacturer that suplies hydro blasters washers to oil fields. They are always cleaning very difficult pipes etc.

I'm sorry to have only discovered your post today!

A little to late i know!

The hard part of the job that you stated would have been nozzle selection. There are plenty of different nozzles available that would have helped you with the job. Several are self proppeled and could have simply been used to clean the 100' sections individually. No point in going into technical detail now, but if you need advice in the future feel free to contact me.

Cheers

Scott

Waterjet Industry