gutterdog

Including gutters with house wash, or upsell?

Question

35 answers to this question

Sam. Figure out a name for your company. Dixie cleaners? Call dixie! Get the dba so noone else can use it in your state. Get a website. I can help you on that later! where to go to get a website that has easy tools. Add the website to your signature. There are benifits to this! Sounds like you off to a better start than me. 5 years ago!!!!! I need to hit you up for some advice man!!! hell yea!!!

Well, Michael, at least this thread shows that you have just more than a passing interest to trying to get your pricing up there. I certainly don't have everything figured out - but I know there is a way

Thanks man. Yea I do!!! who wouldnt? I'll let everyone know how it goes next house wash estimate!

G'day Michael

The questions you are asking - of yourself and the wider community - are all important questions that we should be asking frequently. Remember, we are not just "house washers", we are entrepreneurs first!

Last week I was asked by a caller "Are you an owner/operator?" because this person only employed "owner/operators". In my part of the world this is a common sentiment, as many people want the commitment and care that only an owner operator can bring - and, fortunately, they understand that this costs. (not trying to put down the crews of the people who are here, but you all know the time and effort in selecting, training and supervising employees)

Michael, don't worry about the "splash and dash" crowd, they serve their market and you serve yours. You have the time and are willing to use it to clean the awkward parts, re-do the very dirty, rinse thoroughly and most importantly - make the customer "feel good" about you and the quality of your work.

John

G'day Michael

The questions you are asking - of yourself and the wider community - are all important questions that we should be asking frequently. Remember, we are not just "house washers", we are entrepreneurs first!

Last week I was asked by a caller "Are you an owner/operator?" because this person only employed "owner/operators". In my part of the world this is a common sentiment, as many people want the commitment and care that only an owner operator can bring - and, fortunately, they understand that this costs. (not trying to put down the crews of the people who are here, but you all know the time and effort in selecting, training and supervising employees)

Michael, don't worry about the "splash and dash" crowd, they serve their market and you serve yours. You have the time and are willing to use it to clean the awkward parts, re-do the very dirty, rinse thoroughly and most importantly - make the customer "feel good" about you and the quality of your work.

John

Well thank you Sir!!!

We always include the gutters.   They're often the worst looking part of the house around here.  Our pricing reflects it though too..... haven't done a housewash under $325 in ages and most are in the 4's

I have to agree with Greg if you wash the house and not the gutters it usually reflects poorly on the company especially if you live in a smaller community. In my past experiences customers are happiest when they see the black stripes disappear from the gutters

Including the gutters adds that little extra and keeps the rest of the house from looking like a lesser job.

Most gutters come clean from just the housewash mix we use while some require a stronger application.

Either way we brush them.

Rod