Sign in to follow this  
Little Buddy

Who uses the "Ladder Saver"

Question

I've read all the post with you guys ripping on this nozzle, which i can see why, but it makes more since to me than carrying a bucket around the house like with an x-jet. Who uses the ladder saver or something similar?

If you made your own, please post some pics.

Thanks, Joe

43 answers to this question

Everybody's going to say an 0040 or 0050 will do the same, and they both do good. But I do have a ladder saver nozzle and with my 8gpm machine I will say the ladder saver does shoot farther and hit harder with bigger droplets. I have washed church steeples and dormers from the ground that I just couldn't hit hard enough with an 0040. I do like the ladder saver for those few time I need long range and they are great for busting dirt dauber nests and knocking down wasp nests up high. I probably would have never bought it from most of what I read others say about just using an 0040 but for my setup it has it's revered place.

I may not be an "expert" in downstreaming, but I've been doing it for almost 10 years. I actually have 5 downstreaming tips, all of which I make myself. Their use depends on circumstances, distance, wind and strength of mix. 6% mixed with "herbs and spices" will work fine, just may take a little longer for dwell time and/or multiple applications. Heated water (about 120*) will speed-up the process regardless of the strength of the mix. If you need to run more than 150' or 200' of pressure hose, the downstreamer can be inserted in-line at any point. (Watch the direction of flow arrow!)

P.S. I'll be speaking on house washing at the ***** Convention in Orlando next month and will be giving away verbal and physical tips for downstreaming.

Either the SSS or Bob's new injector will draw through 300' of hose so no need to place one in line. I would go with Bob's only because I noticed E-spec had a uammc logo on their site. Heat breaks down bleach, so if you ds with bleach I would leave the heat off.

Either the SSS or Bob's new injector will draw through 300' of hose so no need to place one in line. I would go with Bob's only because I noticed E-spec had a uammc logo on their site. Heat breaks down bleach, so if you ds with bleach I would leave the heat off.

All of Bob's mailings have a link and a plug for the *****. Bob is a supporting member. You know I had to break your stones a bit.

I figure that Bob has to do it to keep traffic at his site and is the lesser of two evils. Bob is a one man show and I would rather support him, even if I don't agree with his views. I have written Cleaner Times and others trying to stop the spread. Randy, they are not listed on his store site, just call him.

Its growing William. Big, strong.. price setting.. taking your business from you.. destroying the industry! Taking souls for the price of a membership. :deal:

I wish folks could see the truth in that, but we are not helping this guy with his original question.

While heat, over time, will degrade chlorine, the few seconds it takes to get through the hose will not. I have been washing with heat for almost 8 years. I started washing with cold water, and it works fine, but...like doing the laundry, hot water and bleach better and faster.

While heat, over time, will degrade chlorine, the few seconds it takes to get through the hose will not. I have been washing with heat for almost 8 years. I started washing with cold water, and it works fine, but...like doing the laundry, hot water and bleach better and faster.

You are not washing mold when you do laundry and the washing machine rinses with cold water. I did the same thing you are doing 10 or 12 years until I figured it out. Always learning and improving. We run 7 machines and I don't even have hot water anyore, never saw the need for it so I sold mine. We don't do flat work.

I've read all the post with you guys ripping on this nozzle, which i can see why, but it makes more since to me than carrying a bucket around the house like with an x-jet. Who uses the ladder saver or something similar?

If you made your own, please post some pics.

Thanks, Joe

I found the ladder saver and getting one. I'm a lil tired of carying the bucket around too, lol! I was very impressed with the video.

A downstreamer I may become!

Down streaming great, Ladder Saver = waste of money. You can buy the proper nozzles, or make your own nozzles for one tenth of the price, but If you want to waste some money, by all means go for it.

Mike,

Do you do a lot of residential house washing, because i could use a little chat on ballpark pricing.

Residential House washing I do more of than gutter cleaning now. Its all in seasons though. Ill tell you what I know about all the different pricing that is out there. I'm not the cheapest or the most expensive. Give me a call or hit me up in PM.

I want to know how you made a ladder saver???

Here is my two part question: When washing a house, are the windows included (just a quick wash and rinse), and do you remove or leave the screens?

Windows, gutters, downspouts the whole house included. If using a ladder and yellow tip you can do serious damage to the screens. I washed houses that way for years till this new low pressure stuff, Well new to me...

With the x-jet (havent downstreamed yet) you cant hurt the screens. Using common sense. Dont point the xjet or ladder saver at the screen and pull the trigger though. Then it could damage the screen i think? Pressure seems to be higher when you first pull the trigger. And of course dont get too close to the screen.

Noone taught me anything. Just the words get an xjet. This is from my experience.

There are guys that say they can wash a 3 story house with an xjet in an hour. Ive made many changes in chems. The only way they do it is they hit everything 1 time collect and go. I stay with the house till I'm happy with how clean it is. sometimes thats hitting the rakes twice or the gutters more than twice.

sold 2 houses today and one i sold a week ago washing tomorow. Trying something new. Sodium hydroxide on the gutters if doesnt come clean after 2 hits with house wash.

Once I get a reputation like these other guys for being a "premium" house washer my price will go up with the justification that I stay with your property till I'm happy!

sodium hydroxide can remove paint off metal surfaces so if you have not already done it then don't do it. i used a sodium hydroxide roof cleaner once and got it on the metal gutter covers. it took the paint off and i ended up sanding down the covers and repainting. don't use your customers as guinea pigs. try stuff like that on your mobile home first.

good luck,

rando