Sign in to follow this  
Little Buddy

Who uses the "Ladder Saver"

Question

I've read all the post with you guys ripping on this nozzle, which i can see why, but it makes more since to me than carrying a bucket around the house like with an x-jet. Who uses the ladder saver or something similar?

If you made your own, please post some pics.

Thanks, Joe

43 answers to this question

sodium hydroxide can remove paint off metal surfaces so if you have not already done it then don't do it. i used a sodium hydroxide roof cleaner once and got it on the metal gutter covers. it took the paint off and i ended up sanding down the covers and repainting. don't use your customers as guinea pigs. try stuff like that on your mobile home first.

good luck,

rando

Woo Hoo!!!!

One day I hope to move up to a mobile home!!! Living in the woden shed with my chems and equipment is getting kinda old.:D

The next step though is gettin one of them cool port a johns!! The neighbors round here getting tired of me not bringing my own toilet paper!

McDonalds down the street I have to sneak in to clean up in their sink.

MMMMMMM Trailer parrrrrk!

Edited by gutterdog

Ok got a question for you downstreamers.

I have been thinking of trying to DS but one problem that I think of right off is how do you rinse your flowers and shrubs off?

I have a quick connect right on my gun and I just pop my wand off and hold my thumb partially over the end and rinse everything off, if I do that when downstreaming soap would start coming.

I have been thinking of trying to DS but one problem that I think of right off is how do you rinse your flowers and shrubs off?

I have a quick connect right on my gun and I just pop my wand off and hold my thumb partially over the end and rinse everything off, if I do that when downstreaming soap would start coming.

Turn the soap off at the gun with your ball valve. Just tighten it up a little and rinse with your low pressure soap tip.

Jay,

I counted in my head how long it takes the soap to show up after switching to the soap tip. When the soap tip goes on, I rinse until I am just about to the point that soap is going to show up (about a 40 count with our current set up) and then I start washing.

Our downstream mix is not at all like roof mix, so I doubt that we have to rinse as much as we do anyway.

When I've got the first side or two soaped up, I'll switch to the rinse tip, counting to 40 again while I hit any spots that look like they could use another soaping, then start rinsing the plants on the next side to be soaped.

Use good stainless couplers and plugs, we use motorcycle chain lube to make the tip switch easier.

Turn the soap off at the gun with your ball valve. Just tighten it up a little and rinse with your low pressure soap tip.

I don't understand this.

How do you turn off the soap at the gun and still rinse with low pressure??

Doesn't low pressure make the soap start??

Would like some more on this, looking for a easier way!!

Hey Tim how are you??

Your way seems logical to my understanding of how it works, but you limited to how much rinsing you can do till the soap starts coming. Maybe I over rinse but rinse my shrubs very good and I also rinse the windows with no pressure, so sometimes I will be rinsing for a few minutes at a time.

I don't understand this.

How do you turn off the soap at the gun and still rinse with low pressure??

Doesn't low pressure make the soap start??

Would like some more on this, looking for a easier way!!

I use a 1540 (or 2540) and a 0040 to apply soap. If you create back pressure by closing the ball valve a little bit you will shut off the downstreamer.

Vi-ola! You're shooting just water with a nice fat low pressure stream.

I use a 1540 (or 2540) and a 0040 to apply soap. If you create back pressure by closing the ball valve a little bit you will shut off the downstreamer.

I hadnt thought of that. I had been using a rollover with a high pressure nozzle to stop the soap. Since I went to a larger machine Ive been using a 2540(i believe) and a airhose quickconnect to wash with. Been walking to trailer to shut off soap which isnt that big a deal because on most jobs I either have a helper soaping with the old machine or I can have him run back to switch to soap. I dont know how Id like having the ball valve on all day though.

Ok I get what your saying now!!

Yea beleive I could make that work, never thought of that!! Thanks!!

I may give this a try in the next few weeks!!

Thats a great choice

Either the SSS or Bob's new injector will draw through 300' of hose so no need to place one in line. I would go with Bob's only because I noticed E-spec had a uammc logo on their site. Heat breaks down bleach, so if you ds with bleach I would leave the heat off.

I apply the chem's with a soap blaster tip then remove the siphon tube from the chem bucket & rinse with the same tip. It's very low pressure and I feel very confadent that no damage will occur to my customer's homes. It's not the fastest way to go but I'm happy and so are the H.Owners.

Ahhhh good tip Thad I will have to try that...I have been running back to the chem bucket to pull the injector house out when i wanted to rinse with my low pressure soap tip....

Thanks

I just have a small 1/4"ball valve on my injector line I turn off to rinse,,or you could just pull the hose out of the chem bucket and stick it into a rinse bucket,,while rinsing its best to stick the injector hose into a rinse bucket that way you are rinsing out the injector for next time :)

We use a 1/4" 3-way ball valve to switch from soap to rinse. One way pulls soap, switch valve the other way and valve pulls water from buffer tank to automatically rinse injector. Saves time and injector lasts longer.