Sign in to follow this  
svp07

F-13 and Gutter Shock?

Question

Has anyone used F-13 from pressuretek? I was thinking of trying it and was wondering if anyone had some input, I am currently using the citracleen. Some say F-13 does well on gutters, anyone have the ingredients list?

I was also thinking of trying Gutter Shock...are there any building materials it should not come in contact with, like glass; anyother precautions?

Thanks.

23 answers to this question

I can't say anything about gutter shock other than I THINK it is a spin off from gutter Zap.?.? Might be buytl based?? I personnally like and use the F-13...it is a great house wash and fleet wash it really does a great job on gutters too. I think (and yes am partial to it) it is a must have and will eliminate the need of having a bunch of different chems. My 5 cents!

Guest Sopowerclean

I agree with robert on not carrying alot of chemicals. I have been using the f13 for a few weeks now and like it. I have changed my house wash method to downstreaming a combo of 12% bleach and f13 for washing houses. No more x-jet and carrying buckets around yard or getting hoses tangled. i will post in a few days a detailed description of setup.

Lawrence Carter

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. A while ago someone mentioned that you need an alkaline cleaner for gutters...how do I tell if it is alkaline?

F13 is a sodium hydroxide based cleaner, so yes it is an alkaline. I have a sample, but it got misplaced, so have not had a chance to test it out yet. One of these days I will come across it. Everything I have heard about it is very positive.

CCHSNC,

What ratio do you use for housewashing with F-13?

Thers is a diference between Gutter Zap and Gutter Shock.

Gutter Zap is sodium hydroxide base and the Gutter shock is buytl base. I have tried both and like the gutter shock the best.

As far as the f-13 I have not tried it but I hear rave reviews about it. The big thing about using guttershock is dont let it dry on the windows and you will have no problems. If it dries then all you have to do is rewet the window and brush it and rinse. If you keep the window wet you will not have to brush it. It will rinse right off.

Lawrence,

I take it you switched to shooter tips? Why do you like this method over using the x-jet?

Yes I am a x-jet fan but I am always open minded about trying out different ways.

Steve,

I am in South Jersey, so if you want to make a trek down hear to see how I wash houses and the use of Gutter Shock and the x-jet come on down.

The F-13 is a potasuim hydroxide base not SH base.

I stand corrected for some reason I thought, read or was told Gutter Shock is a Hidroxide base sorry.

I too downstream and its great. I use 0 tips of varying sizes along with a unhooked x-jet or m5.

Dale,

If you get this I may take you up on your offer to spend a together. I am still boggled by some of the claimed speeds of washing houses on this board. May be in a week or two, I just got done teaching and now have the summer off. Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it.

This might change this thread but I'll give you my 2 cents

averages times for me pulling up and away:

Ranch with garage (1200-1700) 1 hr +/- this will depent on if the gutters are done to remove any blackness and if it has a large front porch with lots of spindles.

2 story w/ garage (2200-2600) 1.5 hr - 1.75 hr +/- if gutters add 20 min. (max.) this is also with a level lot.

anything bigger 2 hrs +

When I used the x-jet system add 1/2 hr to each.

Rodney, yes that is just what I told you to start out with. 8 oz per 5 gallons for the average x-jet ratio used and adjust from there. (let me know when you want more or call Bob at pressure tek.) PS check your PM

Not that i want to turn away any business, I will educate my customers that the black streaks will return after a few rains. Also that each time you put the gutters through the cleaning process, a layer of paint comes off and eventually you will get to bare metal.

At this point they will either go with it or opt out and wait till it really needs it.

Education is helpful and can save you in the end.

Rod~

Robert,

what kinda downstream system are you using and what is the percent of chem to water that you are able to pull?

I am getting around 1 percent chlorine when I downstream which others on this sight have claimed is sufficent in their opinion for most houses, but that is why I am in the process of trying the x-jet because I would like to get a little stronger chem ratio. more like 1.5 to 2 percent chlorine. We have a lot of mildew here in Florida

Basicly, if I can find a downstream injector that can pull about 20-25% chem I don't think I would need the x-jet in most cases(for house washing).

I have designed a set up for using the X-Jet on roofs which I will be trying for the first time tommorow. I got a lot of the ideas for its design from others on this site. hope it works.

Lance

Some pics of the new set would be nice. Also, when are we going to have a manufacturer make an injector that is comperable to the X-jet as for as injection rate? Can I take the regular X-jet and stick some 3/8 QC on it? I think the front is threaded...right?

Alan , F-18 is for cleaning concrete like you said. It also does a great job at a few other things like deck stripping. F-18 is not a house washing chem. so you are right don't use it on a house! (well unless it's concrete.)

Lance, I have an adjustable Suttner that is rated for 15:1. Although I don't use the adjuster on the injector for fine tuning it works well for an on off nob. This will sound bad but I never bother with true ratios when washing a house whether it be x-jettting or downstream injecting so I don't have an answer for you there. I use 20 gallon tanks for each of my chems. Each tank has 2 lines coming from it. (one for each machine) The line then goes to a home made distribution panel through the metering valve then onto the injector. I've attached a pic that will show this. The blue line you see is what I use for my shure flo/flowjet set up.

P.S. if you want to downstream but need a stronger ratio it is possible to raise it with a shur flo type pump. If interested call Bob at Pressure tek for details and equipment list.

I stand corrected for some reason I thought, read or was told Gutter Shock is a Hidroxide base sorry.

Reading your MSDS sheets help, and researching with other literature will advise you of the similarities of the chemicals doing the work. Potassium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide are both commonly referred to as LYE.

I too downstream and its great. I use 0 tips of varying sizes along with a unhooked x-jet or m5.

Rob,

Gutter shock does have a little sodiuom hydroxide but its main base is buytl. The

Tanks

1-12%

1-F-13 (I use this for my house wash, gutter cleaning, bare wood cleaner and fleet soap)

1-Oxalic

1- anything else I want to downstream.

I'd venture to say that both Gutter Shock and Gutter Zap contain similar amounts of Sodium Hydroxide. The MSDS claims less than 1% for both.

Beth,

For gutters I prefer a degreasing type cleaners that is Butoxyethanol based vs. Sodium or Potassium Hydroxide based because the later ones tend to have more of a stripping action opposed to working on the stains. The key to me with Potassium or Sodium Hydroxide cleaners is to use it in the lowest possible concentration and this will minimize the stripping effect on paints.

I can't say anything about gutter shock other than I THINK it is a spin off from gutter Zap.?.? Might be buytl based?? I personnally like and use the F-13...it is a great house wash and fleet wash it really does a great job on gutters too. I think (and yes am partial to it) it is a must have and will eliminate the need of having a bunch of different chems. My 5 cents!

The Gutter Shock IS NOT a spin off of Gutter Zap.