Sign in to follow this  
4running

Unloader Theory Pt2

Alright-

After some reading, I am revisiting this issue, the same issue I seemed to have with my last machine.

This is a gas powered hot water machine, 2000 PSI at 2.5 GPM.

I turn the water on at the spicket, walk over to the machine, and pull the recoil. The engine ALWAYS starts first pull and runs out great. The machine is at 2000 PSI according to my gauge. After about 20 seconds, I pull the trigger on the wand, and the engine dies. I restart the engine, and the engine dies after pulling the trigger again. After two to three more times, I restart it again and it seems to work ok, the pressure is at 2200 with the trigger gun closed and at 2000 with it open. (about 10% which the idea right?)

Sometimes when the machine is running for the first time that day, the engine will bog down, with the trigger open and the pressure will go to almost ZERO. then slowly build back up, after 2-3 seconds.

The machine will always work perfect after a few minutes of messing around.

Sounds like I need an unloader right? Well, I am not so sure......

If the unloader holds the pressure with the trigger open at 2000 PSI, and unloads at 2200 PSI what could be wrong with it? After almost 3 years of having a pressure washer you would think I would understand these valves a little bit better. But I guess I don't.

You're right on the nozzle size.

Your running problem could just be not enough warm up time. Modern small engines are required by the EPA to run lean. A lean mixture in a cold engine doesn't support horsepower very well.