Sign in to follow this  
krypt

Shurflo Question

Question

Hi everyone, First off I would like to say great place for getting all kinds of variety questions and answers of sort.... and I would like to say thank you, If no one has said so lately.

Here is a question I'm sure some one ask in the past but can't seem to find an answer to "sorry".

It's about setting up a Shurflo sprayer for my self.

I've been reading in your forum about the Shurflo and really interested in making myself a portable setup on a cart of sort.

OK here is my question I'm kinda stuck on.

I use the chemical of oxygen bleach and I'm not sure witch pump or PSI i should buy since there are a few to choose from at northern tool.

I would like to hook up a hose of 50-70 ft max.

Which wand should i buy and tip if there is any on that particular wand suggested.

Most of my work are interior and exterior log homes and I'm really sick of a backpack setup lol.

anyone interested in giving the full spec of all equipment detailed for me of what i should buy in my case.

and yes ima a newbie lol to Shurflo

thank you

looking forward from hearing from you

Steve

AKA Krypt

6 answers to this question

Hi Steve,

I would go with the basic 1.6 gallon per minute pump, as it is inexpensive, and a workhorse. I think Northern Tool carries their own brand for about $20 cheaper than Shurflo. We use a simple sprayer wand that you'd use for lawn care. It is poly and aluminum, and has an adjustable tip (cone pattern), and a hose barb connection at the handle. Cheap, around $7-$10. 3/8"Poly braid hose, and you're good to go. The only thing about spraying sodium percarbonate (oxegen bleach), is that is tends to lose prime at the pump because it is so active after mixing. Make sure to mix with warm water, and try to dissolve as much product as possible before pumping.

Would this work or is not powerfull enough for what i need it for.... for the price would it be worth it or..?

looking at the 10 Gallon Spot Sprayer

12 Volt, 1.0gpm Pump

at Chemical sprayer pressure washer products and accessories

Steve,

You may want a bit more flow than a 1.0 GPM pump, and a hand cart is very convenient.

Tom Vogel at ACR Products modified my old setup this year to two mounted Shurflo's, one with seals for caustics, one with seals for acids. One other advantage is that when one pump stops working, and they do quite often, you have a backup pump mounted and ready to finish the job.

post-170-137772287479_thumb.jpg

Rick, great looking set-up! I built a second deckster this year in order to dedicate one for sealer. I learned alot about the unit taking it apart and re-building a 2nd one. Your set up looks fantastic. Love the labeling. My kind of cake.