Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

Too many BBS's?

Question

Remember when The Grime Scene was the hip place for pressure washing? Sorry Beth & Rod, not your fault. It seems after a while these forums don't get richer with more of them online - they seem to get diluted. Now you have the ***, *****, PTState, Scott's boards, TheWoodPros, Deckguide. There is just too damn many boards now.

17 answers to this question

Too many ? I like the variety ...plus each bbs changes (it seems like every 4-6 months)

I'll tell you what I wonder ..look at all the bbs and notice their are a core of people ( about 20 0f them) that have been around for 3-8 years. everyone else are gone.

Daniel Where do the other 95 percent go ?

if the argument is they get angry with some of the people on one bbs ......why wont they go to one of the eleven boards out there I can think of 4 off the top of my head that have no contoversy what so ever ...period...

makes you wonder ....

Edited by dollarspa

Too many ? I like the variety ...plus each bbs changes (it seems like every 4-6 months)

I'll tell you what I wonder ..look at all the bbs and notice their are a core of people ( about 20 0f them) that have been around for 3-8 years. everyone else are gone.

Daniel Where do the other 95 percent go ?

if the argument is they get angry with some of the people on one bbs ......why wont they go to one of the eleven boards out there I can think of 4 off the top of my head that have no contoversy what so ever ...period...

makes you wonder ....

Easy answers here. They get burnt out by it all and they just move on, They get bored by it all and move on or there business failed so they disapeared. Those are the 3 most common reason that I have seen in my 11+ years going to these boards.

Remember when The Grime Scene was the hip place for pressure washing? Sorry Beth & Rod, not your fault. It seems after a while these forums don't get richer with more of them online - they seem to get diluted. Now you have the ***, *****, PTState, Scott's boards, TheWoodPros, Deckguide. There is just too damn many boards now.

Yeah, but the difference is that tgs I'd contractor owned and operated. That's what makes it different.

your right about alot of bbs's out there. I remember registering with them all. And looking at all of them everyday. But after time it seems like you settle into just a couple of them. Sure every board offers something different along with different people. for one I like TGS there is a wealth of information and a great bunch of people. Plus it seems like you don't have as much of the constant fighting going on like some of the other boards.

Curious thing, the same posts that are causing drama on ***, are here, with the same answers that were cut and paste. Yet, there is no drama here...

That being said TGS is great, it does have a different flavor then ***, because of the different personaliities and how they operate.

You mean there are other boards out there. LOL

Nothing against the other boards. But as mentioned, for the most part,it seemed like the same core people. I think I can get the help I need from here, and add a little back. There is only so many hours in a day. So unless this one falls apart, or changes against my liking. I think I'm here for a while.

There is to many people for me to thank on this board to try and start listing them. So thanks to all who have helped me grow my business to where it is today. The boards sure have helped a lot of people.

Edited by Richard

Dan.. you don't HAVE to visit all of them :)

There are different flavas on the different boards, but I've learned to not spend so much time on them or it's easy to just get sucked into the drama.

TGS was my first, so it has a special place in my heart.

I guess I was lucky to hit this board back up in '06, when loads of guys were super enthusiastic. Remember all the deck restoration photos that use to get posted here constantly? It was like smorgasboard for 'woodies'

:thinking: Dan,,,Is there something you would like to share with us? LOL.

Maybe we should all start posting more photos....I know I have been stretched thin, and have not had as much time to upload photos....

Did you all know you can have your own albums as a part of your profile? Go to MY CONTROLS and under NETWORKING you will see PICTURES & ALBUMS. Add to your hearts content!

Enjoy!!! :)

Beth

Remember when Shane was actively posting his photos? Wow, made a lot of us double think the products we were using at the time - and thankfully motivated us to try other more 'sound' product offerings out there, before it was too late to resurrect our wood restoration businesses.

Remember when Shane was actively posting his photos? Wow, made a lot of us double think the products we were using at the time - and thankfully motivated us to try other more 'sound' product offerings out there, before it was too late to resurrect our wood restoration businesses.

go bakers!