Sign in to follow this  
homemechanixcny

Employee Handbook

Sometime ago I remember someone posting thier employee handbook. Not sure if it was this board or another one. I do remember it was an excellent well prepared handbook. But now I can't find the post. Does anyone have a handbook that they use or can reccomend. I am planning on putting one together to start using and am looking for suggestions. Thank you all and as usual everyone on this board has been extremely helpful no matter what the question.

I don't know of one online, but I can point you in the right direction of what to add to your own.

1. for your state, copy the labor law and verbiage for payroll, overtime, etc.

2. see your workmans's comp insurance for verbiage on reporting job site injuries

3. list holidays and if they are paid or not

4. list any benefits you offer and when employees will become eligible

5. describe the procedure you have for evaluating and raising empoyees, as well as for reprimanding, suspending, firing etc.

This is the tip of the ice berg. Hope it helps.

Beth

Employee handbooks are essential. This protects the employee and employer. Ours is 32 pgs long. Drawn up by laywers and covers most everything. Having this tool will better your company. It keeps everyone in line. We up date it periodically and always have employees sign the revision. It was actually given to me by another contractor at no cost.