Sign in to follow this  
John T

Should we start another organization???

Question

Here's a wacky idea for some. How about starting another organization but make it for profit and make it a public stock org.

Get about 50 investors to put up some money of lets say $200 each so now you have 50 owners. This give us $10,000 to start with. Everything with this org will be for profit so not only distributors can make money but so can the share holders. Share holders can sell there shares at anytime on an agreed price that the other investors determine the stock to be valued at.

So since there will be many owners to this organization there will be many now who will work hard for this org to succeed so its value goes up and since the organization will grow at a rapid pace this org can be a good repesentative of the industry because the goal of the business owners is all about making money and this org can set the bar on that.

Just food for thought.

Any one else want to chime in with some creative idea's here??

13 answers to this question

I am coming up with some interesting idea's here especially from what I learned with my other org involvments. This would be a cutting edge and a one of a kind org. I could put some more info out later when I piece it together more. I think alot of people will like it but remember its only an idea for conversation only because I know so many are sick of talking about any orgnizations at all at this time.

Should I just wait until after the holidays to have this kind of discussion because of the recent fallout from the other discusions concerning another org...

What do you guys think??? Hey is that Beth with a knife in her hand and Celeste with a shotgun:D

John,

I think what ever the industries trust factor was in your leadership two months ago has taken a big hit.

You may want to step back, re-evaluate, and build some trust before trying to start a new org.

I think it's a great idea John. Free market enterprises, have a lot of org's compete for the contractors membership. Who ever offers the best deal, gets the most members.

Put me in for a few shares

I've been fighting to get rid of one, now I have two maybe fight two?

Thats funny. Yea I am done with org's for now to.

So when is the next Roundtable there always fun.

i cant see any org. ever working. One of the things that lead someone to start a company is ego. And egos will always get in the way of an organization. Please dont take that personally, anyone. I am not pointing a finger. Im just saying that Ive watched two orgs. One fail and the next begin to fail. Hopefully the egos will take a back seat and allow common sense to drive, but Ill wait and see.

I think the round tables are great, but even with something so small and easy, I have seen the egos come to the forefront and almost waste a good thing.

I was out in Montana for the Thanksgiving holiday. My father in law told me a joke.

An 84 year old gentleman takes his 23 year old wife to the doctor and says "She's pregnant and we'd like a checkup."

The doctor looks at the couple and says sure I'd be happy to but first I have to tell you about my nephew's recent hunting trip. He went into the jungle of Africa and after hours in the brush, not seeing anything, lo and behold, 4 elephants come wandering through. So he takes out his umbrella, takes careful aim and shoots down the first elephant, a clean kill in just one shot.

The old man looks at the doctor, embarrassed for him, and says "Sir, with all due respect, you must be mistaken, you cant kill an elephant with an umbrella."

John, start one for ex , current , and retired Police, Fireman, Military.

There tougher to deal with then Contractors because they want everything for free:) My worst call is when another Cop calls me up and says can we wash his house....discount immediately cause I want to take care of my fellow Brothers and sister but its not a money winner.

Worst then that is when my family calls for some work.. But they always feed me well and I'm like a baby..good food goes along way.

I'm in.

And, "NOT", because I'm not happy with TGS .

I think I'd be happy with the fact that the people there, would be longer time, and more seasoned vetrans. If I'm missing something, go a head and correct me. I won't be offended.

From my squash club,golf club ,and hockey......As a member. And as a small(er) org. You spend less time, waisting time. Eveyone there will help, without adding in, when they THINK, that would be something to try or MIGHT work.

And before someone decides to jump all over me. "I've learnt a load from lurking here and there" .Adding when I think I truly was adding/helping, not just posting for the sake of posting. I wouldn't stop lurking.

Would it be worth it ??????????????????

I've blown money on dumber things.

I have a feeling I might get slammed. Truth is. I'm looking forward to c y it's not a viable avenue.