Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

The "Back" Button

Question

Good day all,

Many have posted about the positive vs negative content in BBS forums, expressing their dismay in regards to ones they feel do not meet their standards vs ones that do.

Here on TGS we have received many compliments about the administration of the forums and we thank each person for stepping up and letting us know how we are doing as well as those who have let us know where we have fallen short or missed something.

We have taken all this into consideration as we moved forward and are confident in the professional tone TGS has developed. Those who did not contribute courteously and respectfully have moved on to places where there type of contributions were acceptable.

Keeping in mind that each of us is different in our influences and walk of life and that each can have a bad experience in some way or another, within the rules of the forums they are allowed to post what is going on in their life.

While it is not always positive, the fact that anyone would complain about reading it is amazing to me and it makes me wonder who is holding their eyes to the screen and preventing them from clicking the "Back" button on the browser?

It occurs to me that it is the same syndrome we all see when driving down the highway and come upon an accident and there are those who can't help but rubber-neck and slow down to the point of holding up everyone behind them just to get a view of the drama that has taken place as they slowly go by, yet ... they don't stop to help. Pisses me off everytime.

Same happens in BBS land and yet many are lured into the drama and instead of backing out of the thread, complain in it and set the tone to become progressively worse requiring moderators and administrators to step in. Then more complain as the content is either edited/redacted or the thread is moved from public view and no longer available for discussion.

My point is this; if you have some way to contribute to the thread that is on topic and is within the rules of the forum, do so.

-If you find the thread distasteful or otherwise unfit for your viewing or participation...use the "Back" button and find another to be a part of.

-If you find something in the thread that you feel is a violation of the rules, click the "report post" icon box (second of the 4 in the top right corner of each post), compete the information, click the "send report" button. Once the page resets, click the "Back" button and leave the rest to the moderators and administrators.

Thank you,

Rod!~

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet