Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Not since Atari.... 360 live !!!!

Question

My nephew has been nagging me to get into X box live.

I purchased the xbox 360 live Call of Duty ltd. edition package.

Let's just say,..... this baby has everythnig you need for a modest $425.00 plus $50.00 yr membership to the "live side".

(Still trying to get over the buyers remorse)

I have not been into video games since the Atari days.

I have to admit that vid games have come along way since the turn of the century.

I am amazed..... maybe even hooked.

Anyone else reliving their childhood besides me?

Call of Duty ( lol he said Doody ) is cool if you like killing type games.

Baja 1000 is actually pretty darn addicting.

Nothing like hauling butt through the desert on a sand rail with nitro at your side.

13 answers to this question

What is thing called Atari

I heard you were swept away in a grease fire. Where the heck have you been?

Adrian, all of those games tap my competitive nerve and result in addiction and sleep deprivation. I make my son disconnect it and put it in the closet when he goes home.

On line is cool, my kids are good but I will play the call of duty Live some times. Nothing like talking trash with a kid and then shooting everyone. When you sneak up and stab them is the best. Sounds bad but I do not play much so I usaully get killed, but it is fun

I was just telling the youth group about how good I was at Tank! The original Atari that is. Now that was a war game!

Tony, remember the glitch in that game? If you put your tank in the right place and got hit just right by a shot, the tank would sail across the screen in an endless loop.

I find things like that highly addictive. Like, not in a good way. Like, I dropped out of college one semester because I was hooked on a game. Seriously. I see the ads for those games during Southpark all the time, and I literally have to turn the channel...that sort of thing would wreak havoc on my life. I've even become obsessed with playing WordMole on my Blackberry.

Yes, the "Terms of addiction" can be very consuming of a persons time and even life.

I am limiting myself to a couple of hours each time I play.

However the time seems more like only 15 mins.

Very addicting.

( but it is kinda cool blowing away the loose lipped little punks who talk trash over the comlink )

Battlestations Pacific is pretty cool too.

Of course I love to fly anyways, so this is a great game.

My nephew who is in central Tx, played for a bit last night. He didn't know I had been practicing offline. He took a few in the gut, but soon learned there should be no mercy for Uncle Ad.

Even me and my new bride had some fun on it as well. Lots of cool stuff to do on the game console.

Direct link to netflix, or blu ray. 250 gig HD. It pretty much does everything game consoles NEVER did.

NOW,....... I would really like to find a game that allows you to fly a space shuttle mission. I know there is one out there somewhere. Anyone have any leads on that.

Geez, pushing 47 and acting like a 20 yr. old.

Wait a minute..........there's nothing wrong with that ..... right?

I have an Atari 3600 complete in the box.

Rod!~

I still have my Atari 400 - with the optional "real" keyboard and tape drive, even have the optional cover with the Atari logo! Missile Command, PacMan, Donkey Kong. Ahh, the memories! I pulled it out a few years ago and was still impressed with the graphics.