Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Storm

Question

14 answers to this question

wait..so its ok to dump tons of salty dirty snow laced with liquid calcium chlorite( or something like that) into the river...but if you get a little soapy water into the storm drain system from a botched reclaim water setup...you pay thousands and thousands of dollars EPA fines. amazing LOL

Edited by Oxfordlawn

We got slammed. Still getting a few light flurries this morning. Last night around 7pm it measured 20" here. I'm pretty sure we topped off at about 22". I've lived in Maryland all my life and it seems like we get one of these about every 7 years, but normally it is not until January or February. I have never seen this much snow the week before Christmas in Maryland.

Beth :cup:

wait..so its ok to dump tons of salty dirty snow laced with liquid calcium chlorite( or something like that) into the river...but if you get a little soapy water into the storm drain system from a botched reclaim water setup...you pay thousands and thousands of dollars EPA fines. amazing LOL

No, it's not okay. My friend owns a rather large trucking company and used to remove snow from the Ingleside Mall (a huge mall) and dump the snow into the CT. river. When the EPA said "no more" that's when he gave up the contract. I don't know what happens to the snow now.

Its the government. It can and will change the rules at random to suit its needs. Your point is 100% accurate.