Sign in to follow this  
MeiersEnterprises

THE COOLEST RIG on the planet!!!

Question

Just saw this the other day at home depot. This guy spent some cash! The detail on this rig is just flawless. He even had elastic covers made for the surface cleaners (probably so they don't drip). The 2 inch blue hose towards the front of the truck is the fill hose.

post-864-137772298636_thumb.jpeg

post-864-137772298645_thumb.jpeg

post-864-137772298653_thumb.jpeg

post-864-137772298661_thumb.jpeg

post-864-137772298668_thumb.jpeg

43 answers to this question

I look at it as if it doubles the speed, we pull up to a shopping center, pull 300 feet of hose off the reels, one guy pulls his past the front of the truck the other man starts from 300 feet away behind the truck and I have a guy popping gum, I am doing 600 foot sections in a fraction of the time of one man and we can do up to 5 centers a night doing it that way. However if I were doing fast food that would be a different story but I still use two if I have a full schedule.

Edited by Russ Spence

I live on the rule ... 1 machine = 1 guy .. 2 machines = 2 guys.... Heck I am 43 years old and can reel in and reel out 200 to 300 foot of hose by myself, clean and pack up ..pretty quick.. Most restaurant owners ask me where my help is , I simply tell them I only have one machine ... That pretty much answers the question... I hired a few people back in the day and they pretty much just watched me clean .. I save time by doing it myself//and time is $

In Parking Garage Cleaning, we use 6 to 15 guys depending on the type of service needed.

Parking Garage Cleaning

Crystal Cleaning Company LLC

510-612-0437

Edited by Jim Gamble

In Parking Garage Cleaning, we use 6 to 15 guys depending on the type of service needed.

Parking Garage Cleaning

510-612-0437

Jim, you have 2 pressure washers if I am correct, what in the world are the other 13 guys doing?

I just clean on my own.I hired a guy a few months ago on a monday and fired him on wednesday.He called said his back was hurting.He worked 2 jobs 11 hours.I was doing most of the work anyway then i had to go after him on some things then also the waste and just stupidness na 1 man 1 gun 1 job.

Marko

Edited by cleanhoods

Jim, you have 2 pressure washers if I am correct, what in the world are the other 13 guys doing?

We have more equipment than what I have told on the boards. Some equipment has not been shown or discussed.

But let me give you a very basic number....

Two men per Turbo Twister ( One on the surface cleaner, one walking the 1/2 inch 300 ft R2 line)

We have up to 4 pressure 1/2 inch lines at 6 GPM's at 4000+ psi at a min. of 275+ degrees.

So right there we have 8 guys. 4 lines x 2 men = (8 men)

We have 2 guys applying detergent and hand scrubbing (1 man for applying detergent, 1 man for scrubbing)

We have 2 guys rinsing with a fire hose (2 men)

We have 1 guy at the filtration unit* in the basement (1 man)

------* This is necessary for the volume of sludge that we get. The filter will clog thus slowing down filtration process from 40 GPM to as low as 4 GPM. Back washing the filtration unit and inspection is a must with any filtration when doing a garage. If a smaller filtration unit of 6-10 GPM is being used for deep cleaning in the methods that we use, that filtration unit would be hard pressed to function to manufactures specifications for any real length of time.

So lets see, we have 8 on the lines +2 on the detergent +2 on the rinsing with a 1.5 inch fire hose +1 on the filtration unit thats 13 guys so far.

We have 1 guy as a gofer and break reliever. His job is for the movement of the rigs and to service the equipment while the work is being done. ( Meaning... the guys on the surface cleaners do not every leave their post. ) This extra guy also gives Breaks as required by law ) (1)

Then we have 1 guy for another piece of equipment that we bought for garage cleaning that has not been discussed here on the BBS. (1)

So there is the break down. We can have up to 15 guys on one a big job.

I am sorry for all of the confusion.

Since last year, we have built or bought several pieces of equipment which is stored at our warehouse in Vernalis, California. I just did not inform everyone of our purchases or where I am storing it. But you can see some of the warehouse in a few photo's that I have posted. In some of those photo's, you might be able to see our equipment in the background.

We have 5 trucks at our disposal now. All towing trailers with equipment on them.

Next year we are contemplating adding on two more Dodge Diesel Cummings 4x4. Just this last 3 months, we invested over $83,000 in equipment/ trailer/ improvement designs to our Garage Cleaning Service. Next year we may invest even more.

Again, Sorry for the confusion.

Jim Gamble

www.GarageCleaning.Net

510-612-0437

Edited by Jim Gamble

Its too Fatigueing to handle that 3,000000 degree hose

Well Chris, your math is off again, but you are basically right about the 300 degrees. In the summer months, we have seen Rubber Gloves Melt to the hose while handling it. Since then, we have switched to thick cheap leather gloves. These gloves will last 5 to 9 working days before the heat burns a hole in them. All of our guys wear Kevlar to help protect them from the heat.

Is it fatiguing as you say ? Yes it is.

How can I explain it to you in a way for you to understand....

Think of it as if you was in a steam room at a Gym. Working in that environment, you will get fatigued more quickly than working in the open air.

I hope I explained it well enough this time for you.

Thanks Chris.

Jim

Edited by Jim Gamble

We have more equipment than what I have told on the boards. Some equipment has not been shown or discussed.

But let me give you a very basic number....

Two men per Turbo Twister ( One on the surface cleaner, one walking the 1/2 inch 300 ft R2 line)

We have up to 4 pressure 1/2 inch lines at 6 GPM's at 4000+ psi at a min. of 275+ degrees.

So right there we have 8 guys. 4 lines x 2 men = (8 men)

We have 2 guys applying detergent and hand scrubbing (1 man for applying detergent, 1 man for scrubbing)

We have 2 guys rinsing with a fire hose (2 men)

We have 1 guy at the filtration unit* in the basement (1 man)

------* This is necessary for the volume of sludge that we get. The filter will clog thus slowing down filtration process from 40 GPM to as low as 4 GPM. Back washing the filtration unit and inspection is a must with any filtration when doing a garage. If a smaller filtration unit of 6-10 GPM is being used for deep cleaning in the methods that we use, that filtration unit would be hard pressed to function to manufactures specifications for any real length of time.

So lets see, we have 8 on the lines +2 on the detergent +2 on the rinsing with a 1.5 inch fire hose +1 on the filtration unit thats 13 guys so far.

We have 1 guy as a gofer and break reliever. His job is for the movement of the rigs and to service the equipment while the work is being done. ( Meaning... the guys on the surface cleaners do not every leave their post. ) This extra guy also gives Breaks as required by law ) (1)

Then we have 1 guy for another piece of equipment that we bought for garage cleaning that has not been discussed here on the BBS. (1)

So there is the break down. We can have up to 15 guys on one a big job.

I am sorry for all of the confusion.

Since last year, we have built or bought several pieces of equipment which is stored at our warehouse in Vernalis, California. I just did not inform everyone of our purchases or where I am storing it. But you can see some of the warehouse in a few photo's that I have posted. In some of those photo's, you might be able to see our equipment in the background.

We have 5 trucks at our disposal now. All towing trailers with equipment on them.

Next year we are contemplating adding on two more Dodge Diesel Cummings 4x4. Just this last 3 months, we invested over $83,000 in equipment/ trailer/ improvement designs to our Garage Cleaning Service. Next year we may invest even more.

Again, Sorry for the confusion.

Jim Gamble

www.GarageCleaning.Net

510-612-0437

thanks Jim

All of our guys wear Kevlar to help protect them from the heat

Never heard of that. Kevlar is good for abrasion resistance, but how does it protect from heat?

Never heard of that. Kevlar is good for abrasion resistance, but how does it protect from heat?

Perfect Fit Standard 2 Ply Kevlar Sleeve with Thumb Hole: (Size:14") - Dozen :: Perfect Fit :: Brand :: PalmFlex

This is where we buy them. They are relatively cheap. I have touched our boilers, while the boiler was on registering over 600 degrees, and felt nothing. We did this test for only 65 seconds. Actually, I was concerned that someone would get burned.

The fabric did not burn during this test as well.

We also touched the SS wand that registered at 290 degree's. We felt nothing.

My guys wear these inside the gloves giving them heat protection. The burns have stopped since we started using them.

IMPORTANT !!!!!

If the Kevlar gets wet, all bets are off. The water will penetrate through the Kevlar. The water will burn you. This Kevlar will only stop DRY heat.