Sign in to follow this  
jgotterb

Yellow Pages ad?

I am just starting my business, and the due date for this years YellowPages book is only a week away. In my area the are several big ads for pressure washing, and a LOT regular listings. Should I bite the bullet and place a big ad? It costs $139 a month! vs. $50 for the little bolded ad. Thanks for the help.

yellow pages and yellow pages.com are a complete waste of your money. A decent web page and proper SEO will destroy what they do Anthony Blanton (Hotshot) is pretty good about telling you what you need to get it done.

Don't go for the Big Ad... make a little ad count!!! Make it a lead generating ad and you will be much happier than wasting your money on fancy graphics and a list of services you offer that will bring a bunch of tire kickers and competitors posing as customers trying to get your prices.

18 months ago, I got a 1/4 page ad in the AT&T Yellow Pages for $195/mo (it was the largest pressure washing ad). Got a total of 7 estimate calls in a one year period resulting in 4 cleaning projects. Lost my @ss on it and dropped it completely this year and focused on my website and SEO.