Sign in to follow this  
RSuds

check your feet

Question

Everyone should get your feet checked out. I just got back from the podiatrists office and it is not good. I need to have surgery on both my feet. My problem is in the joints of my big toe's. I have played Basketball since I was 6 and still play in leagues twice a week and golf for a long time. I'm now going to be 43 in Feb. and he said no more Bball, tennis, running or anything that will move the joints in your toes. I can still golf with a flag on my cart now. (Wow that sounds old) I will need to get a metal plate in my joints to make them not be able to flex and they will need to stay like that forever. When we do the right foot I will not be able to Drive for 8 weeks. (Insurance) It was my fault because I have lived with the pain for a while and now have no cartilage in my toes. He said that it was from all the abuse I have done with sports and that working with water around my feet for over 20 years did not help.

I know that people have a lot more problems than this but I just wanted to let everyone know that you should get good boots that are waterproof and take care of your feet. I can admit that I even wore sneakers a lot when working over the years.

7 answers to this question

Sorry to hear it. I'm 34 now and feel like I'm starting to fall apart already. What reason did he give for the water having anything to do with it?

Sorry to hear it. I'm 34 now and feel like I'm starting to fall apart already. What reason did he give for the water having anything to do with it?

Yea what does water have to do with that? Our bodies are mostly water? I'm doing the sneaker thing too. Sneakers are best for roofs? Best wishes for ya and hope the healing goes by quickly.

Doc told me to stop doing extreme sports after my bad fall. if i wanted keep walking by the age of 30. bad knees from all the sports/ running and bad shoulders from all the martial arts in the past years. but What does your toe affect. do you really want to go through the surgery to implant pins n screws? whats the worst that can happen?

I think you should get a second opinion on the toes. My feet have been wet from surfing all day then working all night for a long time now. I would only fleet wash with sneakers, the chems you use is what messes you up. Its all absorbed by you feet. n joints. + 10 on the rubber Boots

I'm not going to do anything till next Dec. since I can not drive for 8 weeks. He did say that if I do not do something then I will screw up the rest of my feet and start other problems. I will get other opinions.