Sign in to follow this  
John T

Should the PWNA have an active Bulletin board again??

Should the PWNA have an active bulletin board again??  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PWNA have an active bulletin board again??

• Yes Yes and Yes. They need an internet voice.
    • Yes but only for them to come out with PWNA news only.
    • No because there is no need for it and the last tanked when is wasn't cared for.
    • No. We have to many bb's in this industry already .

WHen the PWNA had a killer Bulletin Board back in the day we had around 475 members. The sky was the limit. THis is a true not for profit org. and has been like that for many years.

*** and TGS are great boards for the PWNA to get there word out but I always felt they should have there own. Yes we ran into a problem with the PWNA bb. because we didnt take the time it needed to keep it going strong because it was time consuming.

If we jump forward to today the PWNA is flying once again out of the gate to be the leader in this industry to represent an organization for the Powerwashers and the distributors.

I would personally like to see this board re-appear and if I can get some of the right people involved would there be an interest to see it open again.

Please respond for better or worse to the poll and also give your answer here as to why you voted the way you did.

Quick note I think back when Paul Horsley truly felt we should hit 600 members within that calander year but of course within no time the bb tanked because of lack of caring that it needed and also we had another problem with an individual that many thought should not have taken the direction he did and this problem became all consuming. It could have been handled differently but in the end it worked out for all. SO here the PWNA is today.

So what do you think.

Personally If Asked I wouldn't mind administrating this bulletin board if so asked since I have so much time at night to make this thing fly since I hardly ever watch TV....well except for "Big Love".

So whats ya think??

I of course voted yes. Be advised that when you vote if someone clicks on the number of votes they will see who voted for what. No need to hide. This is just a post to see who needs what if they were a member.

I think the membership should decide the point of a BB not the outside people looking in. I thought it should be a membership only when it started. Even when it did go members only there where major issues because of questions of wrong doing within the Regime at the time. The UMACC has a BB and a private side and it seems to work.

I voted NO.....simply because of the amount of time and knowledge that it requires to manage one of these monsters, not to mention money. Elaborating even more.....Beth & Rod have recently spent additional funds on TGS upgrading to make this a Super BBS. There are groups - private - available that sit relatively unused. The PWNA should take full advantage of this area to hold what one might consider a BBS conversation. It eliminates the need for the org to spend $$, no need for someone to know the ins & outs of moderation or to be put in a position where a decision might be unpopular and possibly be put in the wrong area for a feeding frenzy. And, not to detract from TGS, but *** also has a similar function. The PWNA has TWO free options right there for real time stuff. I definitely believe that a BBS should be used for making announcements, publishing important industry information but another site to visit.......nope nope nope.

A bulletin board can be a help or a hindrance and requires a significant amount of time and money to manage.

A good start imo is to have a site for the most pertinent information to be posted and updated as necessary to keep members and others who are interested informed.

Rod!~

The PWNA needs better internet exposure but there are already enough BBS's to stir BS up on. An org spends more time trying to manage its image on a BBS than the good a BBS would do. The PWNA should focus on communicating with its membership and doing more for its members. This new EPA thing where you pay to get a sticker for each rig is kind of silly and I don't see any benefit in it except for the org to make money off bumper stickers, how will that benefit members?

The PWNA needs better internet exposure but there are already enough BBS's to stir BS up on. An org spends more time trying to manage its image on a BBS than the good a BBS would do. The PWNA should focus on communicating with its membership and doing more for its members. This new EPA thing where you pay to get a sticker for each rig is kind of silly and I don't see any benefit in it except for the org to make money off bumper stickers, how will that benefit members?

RE; the sticker, I'm not sure either. And I would have the same question.

Beth

Oh I totally agree with Celeste & Henry!! There are enough boards out there to spread the word. If PWNA puts up a board it should be private, but I think it would be a mistake. It seems the PWNA is rebounding rather nicely without a BBS!

It's the catch 22. An org can't have it both ways.

An open BBS is great for bringing in new members. But the backside to that is it is an open forum for discussion of anything that doesn't appear on the up and up. There are only two ways to go in that scenario, STAY on the up and up, or run and hide. Hiding is difficult on an open board.

I think the PWNA has been actively trying to work with existing bbs's and simply promoting through good word of mouth. (along with some very valuable promotion at the Rontables.)

An org can't jump from board to board getting pi*sed off every time someone asks a question. Soon they'll find themselves without a promotional home anywhere on the net. It didn't work for Tom Durbin and it won't work for an org.:)

The PWNA has no intentions of starting a BBS. There are a few good ones already. Sorry John!

I like Rons Idea but I hear ya Paul. It was just to much work the last time we had it. Its a tough nut but it was great at getting members back in the day when we ran it. Your decision works for me because I was just bringing it out there to get others and someone on the inside like yourself to respond. Years ago the answer to the poll above would be an overwhelming yes but today the tide has turned and the majority so far by 72% says it all. The NCE sponsored RT's looks like a great venue to get the word out along with TGS and ***. That and along with the PWNA having a new fresh air outlook in the org. business is adding up to a great year for the PWNA!!!! Glad I never severed my membership.

The PWNA has no intentions of starting a BBS. There are a few good ones already. Sorry John!

I like Rons Idea but I hear ya Paul. It was just to much work the last time we had it. Its a tough nut but it was great at getting members back in the day when we ran it. Your decision works for me because I was just bringing it out there to get others and someone on the inside like yourself to respond. Years ago the answer to the poll above would be an overwhelming yes but today the tide has turned and the majority so far by 72% says it all. The NCE sponsored RT's looks like a great venue to get the word out along with TGS and ***. That and along with the PWNA having a new fresh air outlook in the org. business is adding up to a great year for the PWNA!!!! Glad I never severed my membership.

Guys, the one thing is this BOD is Strong. They will evalute and make the right choices for the org.

I do think at this time a BBS is not the answer, they need to show there pressence at shows and roundtables.

Poeple like meeting people, its the waive of the furture. The Web is great, meeting face to face is much better.

You know what? Maybe they are better off for now....

Beth

Beth I beleive that right now they have two strong members with BBS presence. TGS & *** are both great places to maintain the contact to members and future members. The traffic is similar and has a cross between the two main groups of contractors. Residential and Commercial troll the BBS and see the info.

Starting a bBS at the moment might be just making a mistake by moving to fast.

The PWNA BOD in place is very wise and they have gotten the bank account without all the hype, without even alot of members to the best its ever been.

I see them now starting a stern foundation on the awareness and eductional stage to rebuild the industry one contractor at a time.

The PWNA is not going to be a choice for all, it never has been. The PWNA is and will be and elite group of pro's.

This guys are not selling dreams!! They are selling that if you work hard and you are serious about the business that you will succeed.

The idea of PWNA paying your membership back ten fold doesnt exist unless your ready to work at this business.

PWNA right now is simply a voice and a group of people to turn to for help if needed.

Future Goals and dreams are far down the road. I like this MOTTO ((( welcome to reality-PWNA)))

I like the one to ( PWNA The million dollar club!!! do you wanna be there? )

Edited by Ron Musgraves