Sign in to follow this  
CWheeler

Egg Stains

Question

I have a customer who backs up to a busy street and gets the back of their stucco house egged all the time. Can anyone recommend what to use to remove these stains completely. I have never been able to remove them 100%, so any help is aprecciated. Also is there anything i can apply to keep future eggs from staining the stucco?

6 answers to this question

Unfortunately, stucco paint is made to be pigmented and will not give up the stains which will penetrate deep below the surface of the coating.

Clean the egg debris off and repaint is the best solution.

To keep it from happening again, erect a level 1 force field to repel the incoming offenders.

Rod!~

I'm assuming the stucco is a darker color? If left for any length of time, the darker colors are the worst. In fact. it appears that the egg actually erodes the finish - at least on this one house I did recently. Normally, on any stucco (I guess I'm actually referring to Dryvit) if cleaned soon after application, normal housewash mix always takes it off for me.

Security cameras with a few highly visible signs and tell them to stop giving Clark bars at Halloween!

Depending on how old the stain is, It will usually come off with your house wash. I sometimes scrub the spot with straight chlorine and it works fine. If it was there for awhile, it usually eats the paint and you will see the outline of the egg after washing. Next thing is painting.