Sign in to follow this  
Oxfordlawn

Window Cleaning starter kit help

Question

I have been watching the thread on window cleaning with the reccomended soap/wash solutions and found it very helpful. I am interested in getting a window cleaning starter kit for doing residential windows that includes the scrubber, squeegees and the other tools needed. Im sure many of you on here have thoughts as to what is junk, what is good, what is overpriced and so on. I would like some suggestions as to a good kit to get to started with, I just dont know if things like 18" are standard and good size for standard house windows, or if some of these kits also have a smaller squeegee to be used in conjunction with a larger one. What about lint free cloths?? how long and how many per house would be expected to be used? Please help and give me some guidance---again. THANKS!

7 answers to this question

As far as product lines go, there are many.

Our company proudly uses Sorbo products daily with excellent results ...

If there are there any window cleaners in your area, I'd suggest you spend the day with 'em and learn from a professional.

Edited by mrwindow

yeah i here you on that. Im just buying the stuff to use as a upsell when washing a house. I have tried lots of different methods and the windows never come up perfect or completely spotfree around the edges. Luckijly 99% of the houses in my area are 1 story and being 6' 5" I can reach just about everything without a ladder so its quick and easy. I ended up doing a lot of looking, pricing and reading on different sites and came up with what I feel is a pretty complete set up for any home situation I would come across. I am listing what I ordered, and if there is something I may want to add on or forgot, please let me know.

OK i bought the rectangular Pulex bucket with the drain and lid, Pulex holster , unger 10" Monsoon scrubber, Unger 14" swivel monsoon scrubber, Vileda 6", 12", 18" swivel stainless squeegees(extra rubbers for all) , Ettore 4" scraper and extra blades, pack of surgical towels and Unger soap tablets(to try).

Anything else???

I wish I could buy some practice or experience LOL I guess my house will have some clean windows soon--won't my wife be happy.

Edited by Oxfordlawn

As far as product lines go, there are many.

Our company proudly uses Sorbo products daily with excellent results ...

If there are there any window cleaners in your area, I'd suggest you spend the day with 'em and learn from a professional.

looks as if you may be in my area...Im near The Villages--Lady lake--Leesburg(north) and Wildwood

That's where I thought it maybe located, I'm up in the Ocala area (Lk Weir) from time to time.

If you'd like to get together let me know and I'll plan on bring'n my stuff to do some commercial accounts w/ you.

We'll cold call ...

Check out jracenstien.com for window cleaning supplies. 18" is a good size for mop and squegee. for smaller stuff you should get aroun 6" to 8" inches for smaller panes i.e. french doors. you will also need a 6" Triumph stainless stell razor blade. As for towels get the blue surgical towels.

Hey am here in tampa fl and in tampa you can go steert to he rag people and bag bags of blue lint free rags i bourght a 50 pound bag and had it for 3years. All I do is wash them when am done the drop and the dry them at home they work well for me. Also I use dawn or joy dish soap as the cleaner. I put a little in the bucket and the rest water. A 12 to 16oz bottle goeas a long way. On sell at family dollars form time to time you can get it for $.75cent a bottle or the most it will coast is $1.19 per bottle.

I have been watching the thread on window cleaning with the reccomended soap/wash solutions and found it very helpful. I am interested in getting a window cleaning starter kit for doing residential windows that includes the scrubber, squeegees and the other tools needed. Im sure many of you on here have thoughts as to what is junk, what is good, what is overpriced and so on. I would like some suggestions as to a good kit to get to started with, I just dont know if things like 18" are standard and good size for standard house windows, or if some of these kits also have a smaller squeegee to be used in conjunction with a larger one. What about lint free cloths?? how long and how many per house would be expected to be used? Please help and give me some guidance---again. THANKS!