Sign in to follow this  
COOPER

Out tax money at work!!!!

Question

A friend of mine has a cousin who owns a scrap metal yard. The guy has a contract with a military base to haul off their scrap as needed. Well my friend calls me the other day and says that his cousin has a big pile of military hot water pressure washers and that I could go and buy any good parts at scrap prices! I go out and this is what is I saw. AT LEAST 300 new NEVER USED hot water units that have been DESTROYED so no one can use them!!!!!!! They are hydralic driven with a belt drive Cat pump, all stainless frames (painted green), and have never even had a belt ran on the pulleys!!!! (paint is still new in the belt groove on the pulleys!) IF they only cost $5000 a piece new, that would be $1,500,000 worth of WASTED TAX MONEY!!!!!!! I would be willing to bet these washers cost at LEAST $10,000 a piece though, cause they were very nice BEFORE they were destroyed. All of the pumps had the heads removed and holes drilled through the main case, the hydralic units were also either smashed or had holes drilled in them, the burners had never been used either, and the whole units look to have been smashed by forklift or something! There was also THREE more piles of military stuff (one was some kind of pump but not sure what kind and other pile i didn't really look at) that all looked to be new, unused, AND destroyed!!!!!!! There is NO TELLING how much WASTED tax money is in those piles!!!!!

Here is a couple of pics of the pile of pressure washers. There is probably enough hot water units in this pile to give one to every contractor on this board and now they are just junk!!!! Sorry to ramble on about this but this really struck a nerve with me!!!! I knew the government wasted lots of money but this is pathetic to just throw away NEW never used stuff and on top of that DESTROY it so nobody else can even use it!!!!! Oh and I bet after these left they order MORE new ones to replace those!!!!!!

post-800-137772309832_thumb.jpg

post-800-137772309841_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

Yea, somebody made a killing selling them new ones I bet! LOL I am sure they are contracted out through a large corp. or something though. Probably one that received a bailout!!!!! HAHA

were those coils salvageable? It is a shame that they would throw them away like that. they could have given one to people that cant find a job and are on welfare to clean parts of the highway,courthouses,etc. or even help them start a bizz. "Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day,Teach him how to PW, he will eat till his PW breakes down"