Sign in to follow this  
James

Who's getting slammed

Question

This could be a very good sign ? I am getting slammed with washes and other cleanings. Booked work !! Watch the year I scale back on wood the weather will be great. Going forward looks good. All my peep's who did nothing over the last two years are doing full scale cleanings.

Happy washing !!

67 answers to this question

very busy here, in Minnesota i usually do not start my first stain job until April 22nd usually this year i am 3 weeks ahead of schedule and have not advertised yet or put out my maintenance letters, very good sign.

Busy here too. It's started early as well. Fingers crossed. I'm starting my fifth year; it seems like other 'contractors' have fallen by the wayside. I guess they figured there was easier ways to make their beer money.

Busy here too. It's started early as well. Fingers crossed. I'm starting my fifth year; it seems like other 'contractors' have fallen by the wayside. I guess they figured there was easier ways to make their beer money.

5th yr Pete already?

8 in May for me. WOW!!!!

Yeah, I'm still cranking them out Pete.

My body is KILLING me.

Alot of waysides here as well.

Not worth the time of day.

All the help from last year are no longer interested in the biz.

All the help so far this year has turned out less than helpful. "Bowl of stupid for breakfast" contractors.

Who needs that?

I have just been pushing them out one by one. Close one schedule one.

Lots of fun jobs so far this year , but like I said, my bones are aching.

Both of my hands have "trigger trauma"

By the way Pete, do you service Castle Hills North of Carrolton?

Edited by Adrian
adding content

No complaints here. However my wife wants me to slow down. I really do not want to. She thinks I will end up in the hospital again. However, things are going very well.

I decided to take three weeks off. Giving a small garage up in the process. Going to take the wife on the bike to Sausalito for some shopping. Oh no, did I say that...UGH. Better leave the American Express Card home. LOL LOL LOL

Parking garage cleaning

San Francisco bay area

Edited by Jim Gamble

Turning down work out here in Massachusetts. I hate doing that but if I book too much and can't get to it all it doesn't look too good. Anybody ever notice it starts to drop way off in the middle of summer?

Turning down work out here in Massachusetts. I hate doing that but if I book too much and can't get to it all it doesn't look too good. Anybody ever notice it starts to drop way off in the middle of summer?

Yeah that's kind of the catch 22 of being busy. I had one customer cancel last week but I tell people when they book when I will get to their job. If the guy had waited a couple of more days we would have knocked it out. He won't get it done any sooner using someone else. I have noticed a drop off during the summer too. Hoping that doesn't happen this year.

Been on the BB's for years and historically it seems August is slow for many pressure washing contractors. It gets slow for us in August every year too.

So far every month this year we have done better than last year, we have been booked solid all of March, April and May is insane and June is pretty much packed, got some July & August jobs already

It drops off in the middle of summer because homeowners are thinking school clothes for their kids I think. I noticed that last year.

Yeah that's kind of the catch 22 of being busy. I had one customer cancel last week but I tell people when they book when I will get to their job. If the guy had waited a couple of more days we would have knocked it out. He won't get it done any sooner using someone else. I have noticed a drop off during the summer too. Hoping that doesn't happen this year.

Doug. A way to keep a customer from backing out is to get a small deposit. I get a third up front most times and tell them I cant get to ya for a week or 2, and I show them the contracts in front of theirs. I also tell them the reason we are booked so much is because our quality is the highest. Since we havent been advertising, Its been repeat business or WOM. (We are starting to advertise again and see what happens)!

Been on the BB's for years and historically it seems August is slow for many pressure washing contractors. It gets slow for us in August every year too.

So far every month this year we have done better than last year, we have been booked solid all of March, April and May is insane and June is pretty much packed, got some July & August jobs already

Hmmm? Is it ok to book that far ahead? I've been throwin jobs to friends. I may keep those jobs???