Sign in to follow this  
astronula

Landa SLX for 2800$. Is this a good deal for used with no accesories?

I found a used Landa 27HP Lombardini diesel SLX pressure washer.

I live in Ohio, and want opinions on this pressure washer I found for sale.

Here is the description of the specific one:

This unit was used until May of 2009 for industrial cleaning, and has all service and maintenance records that will come with the unit. At the end of April 2009 had a new heater coil, new tank insulation cost was $3,000. A brand new starter installed in 2010, and had the generator replaced in July 2008. All work that has been done on this unit was done by an authorized dealer. This unit has not been used since May of 2009 when the project ended. The soap and steam nozzle have never been used. The voltage meter has been broke, and replaced factory key with a heavy duty starter switch. This unit runs and washes like new. This is a unit only, no guns, hoses, or tips.

----------------------------------------------------

The reason I mentioned Ohio is because we have long snowy winters and I know diesels are more expensive to maintain than gas engines, especially when things go wrong. This one has a 27 HP diesel engine on it.

I can provide a few pics upon request.

Much thanks everyone!

By the way, I have been on these boards researching for a month now, probably 30 hours in. I want to get into any type of washing I can get my hands on, so I want a tool that can do anything. My budget isn't too tight.

The SLX can deliver up to 730, 000 BTU's with 3/4 inch coils. I am surprised about all the issues for the unit. Landa makes a great product. The motor is only a problem if you can't get parts. Out here on the west coast this could be as much as a few weeks. However those coils are the best in the industry as far as I am concerned. You will find they heat the water very quietly and way more efficiently than a 1/2 or a 5/8 coil.

Is the motor expensive to repair, I'm sure it is. But any diesel is better built, heavier duty, than the best gasoline engine. I would check the unit out though. It sounds like it had a ruff life.

Thats the best of the best, I owned one year ago. Jims right about expensive, although i never had issues with the units motor.

Check it out, diesels can run forever...Thats the cadillac of pressure washers!!! http://www.landa.com/showproducttypes.aspx?power=41&type=1

I found a used Landa 27HP Lombardini diesel SLX pressure washer.

I live in Ohio, and want opinions on this pressure washer I found for sale.

Here is the description of the specific one:

This unit was used until May of 2009 for industrial cleaning, and has all service and maintenance records that will come with the unit. At the end of April 2009 had a new heater coil, new tank insulation cost was $3,000. A brand new starter installed in 2010, and had the generator replaced in July 2008. All work that has been done on this unit was done by an authorized dealer. This unit has not been used since May of 2009 when the project ended. The soap and steam nozzle have never been used. The voltage meter has been broke, and replaced factory key with a heavy duty starter switch. This unit runs and washes like new. This is a unit only, no guns, hoses, or tips.

----------------------------------------------------

The reason I mentioned Ohio is because we have long snowy winters and I know diesels are more expensive to maintain than gas engines, especially when things go wrong. This one has a 27 HP diesel engine on it.

I can provide a few pics upon request.

Much thanks everyone!

By the way, I have been on these boards researching for a month now, probably 30 hours in. I want to get into any type of washing I can get my hands on, so I want a tool that can do anything. My budget isn't too tight.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

I will let everyone know if he ends up responding to me and so forth..

My main question was the fact it is a diesel. My neighbor states it would be best to get a gasoline engine, as gasoline has a lot less problems with them and when diesels need worked on, they are EXPENSIVE cuz no one wants to do it.

Anyone care to shed any light on this?

I appreciate everyone's time so far!

My main question was the fact it is a diesel. My neighbor states it would be best to get a gasoline engine, as gasoline has a lot less problems with them and when diesels need worked on, they are EXPENSIVE cuz no one wants to do it.

Diesels out last any gasoline engine as a rule. Diesels are also better built. They have to be for the high compression ratio's. Diesels also use less fuel per Hour.

I had a 24 hp Briggs back in 1989. I blew the engine up in 40 hours ( 2 , 20hr days) Briggs told me that these air cooled engines was not designed to work in the summer months at 20 hr interval's. They needed a break. I switched to a Kubota 3 cyl water cooled. What an engine. I saved hundreds of dollars in fuel per month. The thing just ran and ran and is still running 14 years later according to the business I sold it to.

Now we have 4 cyl 3.3 liters turbo diesels running our washer. The thing is as big as my V 8 gas engine in our SUV.

We have 4 CYL diesels running our generators for the filters. Our Vacuum units are also a 4 cyl diesel 45 hp.

Diesels are more reliable than gas or propane because diesel is a lubricant within the fuel. You are burning a refined oil.

If the coldness is a problem, there are additives you can put with the fuel to thing the fuel. Shoot, some use a little bit of gas mixed in the tank. I AM NOT SAYING TO DO THIS. I was told this a long time ago.

But I know diesels do not like the cold, this is true with any water cooled Gas or Diesel engine.

Welcome to TGS. PLease go to your settings and complete your signature line. House rules !!!.

Again welcome to TGS.

Well someone else did in fact buy it. Oh well

I did have a question though. On the SLX model, it states it puts out 9.9GPM at 2000 or 2500 PSI. I am assuming the PSI can be turned up to a higher PSI with lower GPM??? Or does the PSI for this unit not matter too much since the water that comes out is 200 degrees??

This is probably a dumb question

Well someone else did in fact buy it. Oh well

I did have a question though. On the SLX model, it states it puts out 9.9GPM at 2000 or 2500 PSI. I am assuming the PSI can be turned up to a higher PSI with lower GPM??? Or does the PSI for this unit not matter too much since the water that comes out is 200 degrees??

This is probably a dumb question

Psi is only going to attain max pressure or lower and the same as GPM. you can always lower the pressure and gpm but never increase it much more than the pump is rated for

Ok thanks. So overall is 2000 or 2500psi enough for any application albeit 9.9gpm of 200 degree water is coming out?? Or would a machine that does 8gpm at 3000psi be better so its the best of both worlds ?

2500 psi is, in my opinion, a low pressure washer. 9 gpm is great for moving allot of debris. Great for rinsing or dislodging loose debris at 2,500 psi, of course 4,000 variable pressure would have more application options.

Depending on where you are working, water reclamation may influence your GPM output. What are the strong points of this machine..... The boiler, then pump, then engine. Landa does make hefty oversize pumps, though I have seen them break under certain conditions.

I think the real question here is what you plan on doing with your washer? Are you house washing? Roof Cleaning? KEC Cleaning? Fleet washing? Flat work? Garage Cleaning? These fields require different pressures and techniques. ( for example, I would not take a 2 GPM cold washer and try to clean a Parking Garage with it. There is other equipment better suited for this type of classification of work )

Though pressure washing equipment can accomplish more than one type of cleaning, most are best suited to clean for one specific type of classification. Your layout of your rig will determine that as well. So the first question I would ask myself ?..... What field do you want to apply yourself or pursue your business in? Then after answering that, I would find the right equipment to achieve the results you want while fitting in to your budget.

Edited by Jim Gamble

I would also do a detailed marketing analysis of your work area. If you are going into the commercial field, find out the going pricing, your competitors equipment and quality of work. Any short falls that your competitors may have. Try to find a niche. If you find that your potential customers only care about price, then research for a better product / service. You will find that this will be a very slow way to build your business, but you will get loyalty and be able to ask for a higher pricing Providing that you have proven your net worth to your customers.

If you are going on pricing alone, then you may find yourself losing and picking up customers throughout every year that you are in business.

To date, we have only lost 1 customer in 21 years of business. It was a Costco from 1991. They bought a pressure washer and do it themselves, and it shows. Since I do not do store fronts unless accompanied with a Garage Cleaning Contract, I have not pursued them as well as I should. Shoot, now that I am thinking about them, I just may clean them for free, just to say, I have never lost a customer in 21 years, but again, that is just a thought.... LOL

diesels are great i have two units with 2cyc kubota diesel , we wash with them all winter long need to use additive for fuel and make sure to do the maintain and you will not have any problems also all are engines have block heater,

jim o'donnel

I guess we are dying to know if your a dealer?

This was a listing that just ended. Was it a good deal??

Would 9GPM of 200 degree water be only useful in a handful of applications then??

Thanks

Landa SLX-10 Hot/Cold Pressure Washer/Trailer Package - eBay (item 250605818646 end time Apr-04-10 14:08:54 PDT)

PS ILL fill out my signature in a bit, when I have a few more minutes