Sign in to follow this  
OneRea

Hardi plank streaking

Question

I cleaned the trim on a house with hardi plank siding. rinsed the siding with house was only. I saw streaks before I started, but now the streaks are real noticeable. How can I get them out? Help!

10 answers to this question

What kind of streaks are they? What caused them? What was your housewash mix?

Welcome to TGS.

Please go to your "settings" in your profile and complete your signature line. House rules.

The streaks go from top to bottom and are light in color and about 18 inches apart. The mix was Monster House Wash only with no bleach. I noticed some streaks before I started, now they are really noticeable. Only two sides of the house have them.

No sprinkler that I'm aware of.

Rod, Yes the homeowner cleaned this house last year himself, and has been out of the country the whole time, I'm now dealing with his wife.

Sounds like oxidation from the gutters. Try a little gutter grenade and ssh with joy as a housewash. Should get it off (photos would help)

sounds like the homeowner thought he was a PWer and did the streaking himself. you should always point out things like this and take pics for you records. you might end up getting blamed for it

All is well, the homeowner was home today and I was able to show him the one side of the house he told me not to clean. Looks just like the rest of the house only not as clean.

post-6412-137772318512_thumb.jpg The first pic is the side I never touched.

post-6412-137772318489_thumb.jpg

All is well, the homeowner was home today and I was able to show him the one side of the house he told me not to clean. Looks just like the rest of the house only not as clean.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15250[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15251[/ATTACH] The first pic is the side I never touched.

"streaks" appear to be brush/roller overlap from when the siding was stained. Generally most noticable a few years after it was done.