Sign in to follow this  
al9226

Yard Signs

Question

I've started using yard signs on all of my jobs. I tell the Customer that I will take $25.00 off of their cleaning if I can put a sign up for two weeks. I tell them that I will personally pick them up. I do this so I can re inspect my job and make sure that they are still there. I find that I get at least one other job in each neighborhood that I put one. So far I haven't had any problems with any HOA'S. Has anyone ever had a problem with their

Yard signs and HOA'S?

post-5683-137772322691_thumb.png

Edited by al9226

8 answers to this question

Mine used to get stolen most of the time so I gave up using them. Anyways, I'm only there for a few hours and the truck is pretty well lettered up. It's also common for neighbors to want their house done as well once they see how nice the house next door looks. Many people don't even notice how dirty their house is until they see someone else getting theirs cleaned. I'll never figure why some people will wash their car once a week but wait years before they take care of the house.

We put a sign out on all our jobs and tell people to leave them out for a week or 2 then throw them away, I buy 500 at a time and we will pay around 4.00 for the sign and stand. It is a nice sign and we also coupon around 10-20 neighbors the same day with a 44 cent stamp on it. It works. Spend money to make money.

We put a sign out on all our jobs and tell people to leave them out for a week or 2 then throw them away, I buy 500 at a time and we will pay around 4.00 for the sign and stand. It is a nice sign and we also coupon around 10-20 neighbors the same day with a 44 cent stamp on it. It works. Spend money to make money.

Brian,

I have been buying my signs from a place called A.G.E graphics. They have an ongoing deal for 100 single color, double sided signs with heavy duty H stakes for $225.00. I'm not sure what kind of signs you are using, but if they are the same as these, it might save you some money. I think the shipping was $35.00?

This_months_special.jpg

Wow that is a pretty good price for a sign. I didn't know you could get them quite that cheap!!

Wish I would have known this last week just put another order in for them.

I use them on every job and they do work!!

The signs look good and the customer service was very good. I did everything by e-mail and I had them ordered in a few hours. Jim from A.G.E. sent me multiple proofs until I was happy with the design and the signs were on my doorstep in less than a week from the order date.

Unfortunately, my signs get stolen within days of me putting them out. I have given up on putting them near busy intersections because my competition steals them. One guy was even bold enough to put his sign right in the spot where my was taken from.

My customer actually caught a guy trying to take my sign out of her yard. He claimed he worked for the township and that the signs were illegal. She asked him why he was not taking the three signs in the neighbor's yard for the home improvements that were being done there. He had no answer so she told him she was calling the police. He ran back to his truck and sped away. That same day, someone gave me a 0 star rating on my Merchant Circle account. Strange coincidence huh? People are scared of competition. There is enough work out there for everyone.

post-4998-137772323566_thumb.png