Sign in to follow this  
RSuds

We only have 1-2 more good months

Question

I know we are all very tired and hate some of our customers, I would like for the phones to just stop for 1 day. But this is not the way we should be thinking, Keep trucking, we do not have that much longer till it will slow down and winter will come. For all us Northan people we have till around july 4th and it will slow down a little. So lets make June are best Month Ever!! After 20 years April was my best month ever and May ? but June will be a lot better because I'm ready and I'm happy to be making money. So lets be happy and make June the best month EVER.

16 answers to this question

If your not busy Come to Florida Networking meeting. Contractors doing wood making 4.2 million. Contractors making millions doing interior Floors in establishments all year round.

July 30 & 31 Tampa Florida

250 Poeple Expected.

If your not busy Come to Florida Networking meeting. Contractors doing wood making 4.2 million. Contractors making millions doing interior Floors in establishments all year round.

July 30 & 31 Tampa Florida

250 Poeple Expected.

That's alot of moola Ron! Fair to add that such flooring contractors are surely running rather large company's taking care of many employee and have so much stress in their life that they gray haired before 40? I work year round but same time don't work myself to death and have no major aspirations for large growth or running big company...Cool one in hand and floatin is nice!! :)

That's alot of moola Ron! Fair to add that such flooring contractors are surely running rather large company's taking care of many employee and have so much stress in their life that they gray haired before 40? I work year round but same time don't work myself to death and have no major aspirations for large growth or running big company...Cool one in hand and floatin is nice!! :)

Not saying everyone will be or become a millionaire. Just have guys that own private jets million dollar coaches and such. Pressure washing has been good to them.

Learn from pros

I was just trying to inspire people to keep working hard and be happy to be busy. And yes I would rather work hard and make millions. My hair is gray and I'm only 43 but I look at it as I have been through a lot and now I will know a better path. Maybe?

Just curious on this subject what are some common jobs many of you northeners take on if any during the slow season, I live in Kansas city region and I've started doing decks and flat washing just getting my foot in the door. Is fleet washing commonly done yr round...? Any other ideas. Thanks again.

Also What temperature is considered to you as to cold to be doing staining and deck cleaning ?

I was just trying to inspire people to keep working hard and be happy to be busy. And yes I would rather work hard and make millions. My hair is gray and I'm only 43 but I look at it as I have been through a lot and now I will know a better path. Maybe?

Here is your better path.. Stop doing the physical work and make alot more money and have your buffers in place to deal with some of the bull**** because of the more money your going to make. Those Buffers are good employees with a lead guy in charge who can handle stuff that your handeling now if your doing the work. You on the other hand are out getting the work and counting the money and dealing with your lead guy who is now dealing with stuff that you dealt with when you did the work. Of course he doesn't have all the responsibilities that you had because your the owner but pay him well so he can take on some of those responsibilities.

Yeah, slowdown is still a concern for us. 4 yr old company 1 full time 1 part time employee (not including me). The plan this year was to put aside the pre-calculated revenues for the upcoming winter, however a slow spring is hurting this plan of action, in addition some unforseen expenses and a strong desire to continue to grow is eating the capital as fast as it comes in...

I dunno a second stream of income sounds really good. Floor finishing may be the way to go. Now we start the process all over of perfecting the "art of interior floor finishing" and providing the necessary capital for marketing this service to your service area...on and on.........

We just got into the dry ice blasting. Now to start marketing to the food industry, fire restoration/ insurance companies That takes you inside, and adds to the list of services.

John T. hit the nail on the head.

Edited by Richard

Here is your better path.. Stop doing the physical work and make alot more money and have your buffers in place to deal with some of the bull**** because of the more money your going to make. Those Buffers are good employees with a lead guy in charge who can handle stuff that your handeling now if your doing the work. You on the other hand are out getting the work and counting the money and dealing with your lead guy who is now dealing with stuff that you dealt with when you did the work. Of course he doesn't have all the responsibilities that you had because your the owner but pay him well so he can take on some of those responsibilities.

I was Saying that I did a lot of the work when I was younger and now I know a better path. I agree that for a company to grow and make a lot of money you need to have systems and the right people in place. Last year was a great year for Power washing in Pa. becuase of that. All I do is put out fires and give estimates but it does not mean that I do not work a lot or have stress. I hate it when people say to me "I guess it is raining so you have the day off" What do you think everything stops. But now when I do some power washing it is fun and it is stress free, I even like it as long as my phone does not ring.

I do seem to find more time for my wife and I to go to happy hour?