Sign in to follow this  
Jude

My first commercial bid and I need HELP

Heey,

I am new... and i dont know what to dooooo... (joe dirt quote)...

I have a bid on 8 gas stations in about a 50 mile radius, they are wanting the pads and sidewalks done at each station once a month for the warm months probably thru October for now (I am hoping to extend it to a full year, giving him the benefits of all year round cleaning, as soon as I know what those are, lol..)

So basically I have a total of 40 jobs I need to get done now thru October. I have no contract forms at this time, and have no idea how to make one, so I am needing some help on this, basically up till now, I have only been doing some small residential jobs with a small pressure washer, and plan to upgrade to a decent rig if I am able to land this contract.

My main questions are going to be, how much should I charge, or how should I go about deciding what to charge, how do I put together a good contract, how much should I ask for upfront?

I have extensive experience in sales and marketing, so I have no issues with presentation and closing and actually enjoy that process, so that I wont need help with, I just need help with putting together what I am going to present to close the deal.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, and SOOOOOON.. as I will probably be submitting my proposal on Monday.

Thanks in Advance..

Jude

Edited by Jude

Jude, welcome to TGS. Go to the settings on the top right of the page and fill out your signature. People will be apt to help you if they know who they are talking to.

Also use the search function to help answer your questions until you get some info.

Hi Jude,

Good luck on getting the contract!

You will have to do some research into your materials, labor, insurance, time, gas, etc. to determine what you need to charge. Many factors such as how many people will be working with you, how dirty the place is right now, do you want to charge an initial cleaning rate and then a maintenance rate, etc will factor into your contracted terms. Write down all these plus others and determine what you need to make per hour to make the job worth your while. Always give a per job rate to the customer, not an hourly rate.

Good luck!

Stacy