Sign in to follow this  
peerpressure

business startup/business plan

Does anyone mind sharing some advice on business startup and marketing outlets? Im going to buy a rig 5.5 gpm+ etc to be versatile enough for mild commercial all the way down to mobile detailing if necessary for income. Want to focuse on surface cleaning with a surface cleaner as well has removing algae from roofs to enev doing decks and houses. Would also like to do lot washes at dealerships....in the beginning any work i can get until I establish accounts. Any advice would be great on things to focus on and spend money on as well. Only marketing ideas ive received is service magik which my friend says he gets alot of work on...also how seasonal is pressure washing? let me know what questions you guys have. Im all ears and my 2k a month job is doing nothing i can do 3 jobs a week and make more and spend the rest of the time with family. I have about 10k saved to start a bsiness and pressure washing seems the most versatile as oppsed to painting or landscaping etc...i havent bought a rig yet but almost did until i asked you guys if 4.5gpm was enough for what i was looking for.

thanks in advance for the help

All I can tell you is servicemagic is a joke I was on it for about six months, out of the 25 "leads" I recieved not one turned into an actual job. It's full of price shoppers and fishing contractors. Put an ad in in the yellowpages, print and online, build a simple website using one of the low cost online builders like 1and1.com or godaddy.com. Get yourself some decent looking business cards for dirt cheap on vistaprint.com, and go out talking to people. ALL of the best jobs I have are from putting on my DevilWash polo ($7 to get embroidered) and going out with a smile on my face and business card in hand.

A 5.5gpm use machine will be great as long as it is in good working order, there is nothing more embarrassing than having a machine go down on you mid-job

Also remember liability insurance is a must, it isn't super expensive either I'd recommend adding a theft policy too.

SM is a joke, dont waste your time with them. 3 other contractors pay the same price for the same leads. Resort to other forms of marketing. I did land a few decent jobs with service magic, but the rest was worth my time to continue with the service. make sure you have a web presence .

Man, you're in a great position to start and build a business. My advice is not to start right now. Even though you are in the South, things will be winding down soon. Use this time to research and gather as much info as possible, which it looks like that's what you're doing.

Keep It Simple!!! Whatever scope of work you choose, try to narrow it down as much as possible. Make sure you can profit from them, and make sure you have the proper equipment to "maximize your profit potential"

Read, Read & Read some more.

---

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk