Sign in to follow this  
Handytech2004

Help! Anyone know how to remove the bearings from an AR RKV pump crankshaft?

Help! Anyone know how to remove the bearings from an AR RKV pump crankshaft?

I need some technical assistance from someone who is experienced with repairing Annovi Reverberi pressure washer pumps...specifically the drive section.

I work in a shop for an outfit the does pressure washing & wood preserving. So far my experience has been limited to Honda GX series engine repairs & maintenance and minor to moderate pump and unloader repairs. As far as the pump repairs go my experience has been strictly limited to changing only the water seals / packing stack plus the water check valves in the pump head.

Now as fate would have it (or just machine age, probably) I'm faced with the need to breakdown (3) AR RKV crankcases (one due to oil leaking from the plungers worn oil seals and two due to broken connecting rod caps...OUCH). The key to replacing these appears to be, removing the crankshaft which has bearings pressed on to it (a small bearing on one end and a large bearing on the end with the engine drive shaft coupler on it ... and btw...once that bearing is removed then how on earth do you remove the drive shaft coupler from the crank shaft so that you can slide the connecting rod caps off? Also will the bronze CRC's made for the >3000 psi machines work in place of the aluminum ones (aluminum ...what were they thinking) ?

Little help?!!

You drive the crank out from the end opposite the drive, while rotating the assembly so the connecting rods line up with the journals so they slide through.

And, yes, the bronze and aluminum rods are interchangeable.