Sign in to follow this  
jgotterb

I think my phone is broken.

I have been up and running for 2 months now. I've done one job. I had door hangers made, personally hung at least 300, nothing except an old man tell me to get the hell off his property. Posted on Craigs list, nothing. I have a display at work with pictures and cards, nothing. Put an ad in the local newspaper, nothing. Did several for free, hoping word of mouth would spread, nothing. Drove around to all the real estate agents and dropped off flyers and cards, got one job-- a single wide trailer. Then made postcards--200 postcards-- and sent them to all the rest of the agents in the area, nothing. I think I might cry.

Business is tough but the big thing you HAVE to go out everyday giving your info out.Now normally the amount of time that it takes to accually be secure or or up is anywhere from 1-4 years on average 2 years to produce the customers that will stick.So what you need to do this first few years is work hard putting your name out and the ones that pick you up for work give them your best service everytime they use you and the same for your new.When done with your customer give him/her some cards and your customer will recommend you if your work is recommendable.Hope this helps keep your head up and think positive!!

Marko

Hello from Perth Western Australia. Best advice i can offer.....NEVER..NEVER give up! It only take's a chance meeting with someone, who KNOW'S someone, looking for someone [you!] to do some cleaning for them. The exact same thing happened when i first started out. Could not get any work...at all, for month's on end. Then a mate of mine got talking to another dog owner, while he was out with his dog, started walking together, talking about their occupations, turned out the other guy worked for a pressure cleaning co & they were looking for sub contractors.....12 yrs later i'm still doing & enjoying it. Keep at it, think outside the square & go just that little bit further. Free demo's anything to get your name out there. best of luck. Mick