Sign in to follow this  
Dustin

HydroTek 16hp Hot water washer Issues

Hey whats up, I have a Hydrotek machine, Actually 2 of them. My issue is with the one tho. It starts and runs fine, full pressure all that. Only thing is when i turn the burner on it kicks on with the unloader but shuts it self right back off. The burner works fine, its just shutting itself off instantaly. I have changed the fuses and check for any lose wires or anything simple, not to familer with the burner but i can not see any thing out of place. If anyone has any "checklist" or something i might be ablwe to go throught and help me figure this out. Thanks in advance. Dustin

Is it shutting off or does it just stop firing. If you've got an oil / water separator filter, that's the first place I'd look. They're a great filter, but when they clog up, they clog up tight.

Dustin,

Russ is referring to the Racor / Hydro Tek fuel filter as shown on page #13 of the attached Hydro Tek catalog. If the symptom is:

"my burner fires and runs a second then quits, if I turn burner off and try again same thing it runs a second or two then quits"
Then most likely you need to replace the filter element Hydro Tek part # BF025.

http://easycleansystems.com/PDF_Folder/ECSHydroTekPartsandAccesories2010.pdf

I thought exactly the same thing as Russ when I read your post, if you need more help give Russ or me a call.