Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Chemical Sprayer

Here is my new toy, I am getting a hose made, so that it will have a QC on the end for changing tips. It could be a gentle fan spray, or a long distance sprayer. Not an actual photo, but is just the same. What do ya think???

OTP you are on the right track.

They make speciality tops for soda keg's[they are stainless steel]

that have an air valve built into them.

You need a compressor to charge them.

Then they use the hose coil type hose and either a spray nozzle or brush.

Lot's of car detailers use them.

The compressor can be as small as the type that you plug into your cigertte lighter.

Cant find the site right right now for the top's.

Ron,

I recall the soda kegs that you are talking about, from back in my restaurant days. The extinguisher is basically the same, just that you need to be their to push the handle, where as the soda keg can be used with a ball valve.

The soda keg is slightly bigger than my FE, but you reminded me of the mini wine kegs that are slightly bigger than the soda, but still manageable.

Ron P. and OTP, The other day I was talking to my local PW dealer about setting up a shurflo. He mentioned that one of his bigger customers set up several 20- 30- gals tanks that were airtight. He charges them all with one aircompressor. Is this what you are trying to accomplish. ONe of the advantages is that the pump never goes bad.

I will check with him about the hardware required, and report back when I get the chance.

Ron,

Thank you for the link. Mine will do basically the same, buy I already have it, and it was free. I can not afford what they are charging for those ones.

Rich,

In my case, bigger is not always better. I need something portable and durable, yet do not want to use a handtruck for it.

they have the 3 gal size.

I just used the site as a place to get the picture.

You can get used soda kegs for around $30.

I lost my link to the supply house that sold the conversion part's.

Anyone got that link?

Sorry to ruin this thread with the rookie question I'm about to ask, but here goes. The use of chemical sprayers based on what I am reading is for the application of a potentially dangerous chemical at lower pressures safely onto some surface that requires the use of such a chemical in order to be cleaned . At this time my main focus is on house washing , where I live we don't have log homes and any type of siding is rare if at all. My question is then would a sprayer of this type be neccessary for me to have at this time or can I get by with using an x-jet type nozzle for chemical application

Hello Guys,

We have been using modified stainless soda kegs for about five years. We install a stainless ball valve, a 6' hose and a trigger gun. This is the only way we apply any chems. It works great for house washing. Each wash rig has a 40 gallon tank (used propane tank) that we charge with a commercial compressor at the shop.

It's quick, and easy. No motors, no pumps, no batteries, no noise. We even use these to apply Ready Seal. On very large jobs that will deplete the 40 gallon tanks, we use CO2 to charge them.

See ya,

Rick

Rick, could you give me a call, if you find it convenient? If not, I understand.

Really though, thats sounds like what I'm trying to accomplish on my trailer, without getting into a shurflo.

Where would I get the used soda kegs? A bottling plant??

thanks,

Rich

obvious, i know, but the site above has kegs. They have a section under real deals, they sell 15 gal kegs for 15-20 bucks....

Now, I need to know how to configure them...Attach a air hose inlet to pressurize, or is that already there?

Then, is the aperture threaded for a valve I can get a Home Depot, or am I going to have to trek to tibet to find one???

My idea is to have my air compressor on the truck, plug it in, dial up to 100psi, and set the pressure guage at 70 or so. Will this push thru 200 feet of line???

I have seen Rick's set up, it's really slick.

Rick has really perfected and designed a lot of power washing tools.

I told him he ought to publish a book with all his wares and wisdom.

This man has got to be one of most generous guys I have ever met.

He actually made time in his busy schedule for me to ask him anything I wanted about the business. I asked and listened for almost three hours! Also got to look at his many rigs

From burners, pump rebuilding, soap dispensing, rotary union adjustments, best h.p. hose for the price, suppliers ect.

Rick is a true professional who unselfishly shares what he has learned with fellow power washers. Professionalism through education!

Oh yeah we operate in the same area but I am full time part timer. Has your competition treated you this good????

Many Many Many thanks to you Richard Craig-Prowash

God Bless You Rick!