Sign in to follow this  
Little Buddy

just a little guy

Question

22 answers to this question

Love the green two-tone! great new ideas for color scemes :)

You really did do a great job around the balusters. They look like wood - no problem stripping around them?

Good job, did you use HD-80 to strip?, That powder works great on the film formers, minus the affect on painted aluminum, allthough I haven't had any problems with aluminum spindles, have to take extra precautions on other items of concern.

Love the green two-tone! great new ideas for color scemes :)

You really did do a great job around the balusters. They look like wood - no problem stripping around them?

I was going to strip the spindles but they didn't budge. So i just stripped most i could (2x stripping with the max at probably 12-13 oz) then the makita and osborne went to work. i did the top and bottom rail and post then applied another coat of green to cover up the over spray and such. Over all, about 20-23 hrs into the job.

i really like F-18 but i have used timberstrip on the last 4 jobs and seems to work a bit better i think?! But my season is done in 2 weeks and i couldn't be happier with how it went. Have 4 jobs booked for next season already and i hope i can book the entire month of may before spring break. This industry is a lot of work but it pays to be in it.

JL

Joe,

Get your degree and find a cushy job, it's much easier. You have the skills to make it in this biz if you want to, so you do have options. Options are good in this day and age.