Sign in to follow this  
nlightning

Prevailing Wage

Any body know how much prevailing wage is right now? or were I can find out? I got dropped a bid packet yesterday to wash 70k sq of an aircraft parking ramp for the coast guard. I have to have my figures in by Tue morning ( monday is a holiday). Apperantly another contractor had the job and lost it some how and everything is in a rush now.

Prevailing wage varies by state. There should be info on your states Dept. Of Labor website. You need to include both the wage and the benefits. In NY you can pay the benefit as wage in lieu of supplying the benefits. Also make sure you have the proper job classification

Don't forget everone who has anything to do w/the prevailing wage job gets prevailing wage. The guy who loads the van, obviously those who do the job, the bookkeeper who keeps track of the hours and prints the check and the guy who unloads the van. The only person who is not required to be paid prevailing wages is you, the owner. Make sure you keep the required paper work. I will not even bid on prevailing wage jobs because of the paper work and other requirements.

Not sure if this is similiar but I will throw it out there.. Previously I owned an auto repair shop and did a lot of contract work for the US Post Office--a couple hundered trucks worth, all under 3 year contract terms. Now I dont know if it was called "prevailing wage" but at the back of the contract it had all the wages listed paid to all the vehicle maintenance facility employees and I was supposed to match the mechanics wages for my mechanics UNLESS I DID 51% OF THE WORK MYSELF. So naturally I did, prove I wasnt and still got to pay my mechanics their regular wages. Is there some type of similiar clause in the contract mentioned for the Coast Guard. I know this is an out of date post but maybe this will help someone in the future.