Sign in to follow this  
Russ Spence

Cleaning for Heroes

Question

http://www.cleaningforheroes.org/index.html

The need is great....

Thousands of soldiers who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan are returning to civilian life with moderate to severe physical injuries. Disabling injuries such as loss of limbs, head trauma and debilitating injuries to arms and legs make it difficult for these men and women to meet the demands of everyday life such as cleaning and maintaining their homes. There are hundreds of thousands more disabled veterans from World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War and the Gulf War who also have disabling injuries that make it difficult to maintain their homes.

Veterans' organizations nationwide are trying hard to meet the needs of disabled veterans, but until Cleaning for Heroes, there was no organization dedicated to meeting the needs of this very deserving group of men and women by providing much needed house cleaning help. For some elderly veterans, the difference between having some household help, or not having household help, could be the difference between whether they get to stay in the home they have lived in all their lives or be forced into a retirement home.

Cleaning for Heroes is dedicated to providing home services and repair services to veterans who otherwise could not afford to hire household help but we can't do it alone. Donations to Cleaning for Heroes by caring individuals, such as yourself, help us to reach out to more of our community's heroes that need our help. Please consider making a donation to Cleaning for Heroes. Every penny counts and every penny helps! Cleaning for Heroes is a non-profit organization incorporated in the state of Rhode Island. Cleaning for Heroes is a 501c3 tax exempt organization.

23 answers to this question

We will be featuring this cause in the premier issue of our new online magazine, Pressure Cleaning Monthly. (I have also volunteered to help them with their writing needs, particularly because my husband is currently serving in Afghanistan and was in Iraq all of 2008.) Anyone involved with this organization who wants to talk to me for this article, send me an email: ssconsulting@live.com. Be sure to visit our website and sign up to learn more about our new publication. Thank you!

I really want to thank everyone for your support! I am Torrey Shannon, the Executive Director of CFH. I wanted to thank Russ for sharing our information here and inviting me to your forum.

Some of you already know me, but for those who haven't met me yet....I am the wife of a severely injured veteran who was shot in the head in Iraq in 2004, but I am also a former maid service owner. I can see the value of this program in so many ways that I dedicate about 70-80 hours a week of my own time to make this program a success. Having companies like yours coming on board makes all that hard work mean something...so thank you from EVERYONE here at Cleaning for Heroes. I can tell you straight up that it means a great deal to the veterans we serve, and it's so rewarding to know that heroes across the nation are receiving a "thank you for your service" in a meaningful and tangible way.

For your reference, it costs nothing to join and there are no membership fees to be a part of our program. All we ask is that the service company pledge a comfortable amount of free residential services toward veterans and heroes in their community each month. Our network providers are recognized by their communities as a caring and socially responsible business that operates with a moral compass. Goodwill is a powerful tool and can result in many more paying clients who may choose your company over a competitor that does not participate in our program. We offer many free marketing tools to build your business along with products and discounts to offset the cost of your investment to your community. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

If anyone has any questions, PLEASE let me know. We've been working very hard to keep up with the demand of our program so when people like Allison offer their assistance ... and companies like Russ' and Doug are coming on board....and pros like Ron are out there sharing our info to help others learn more about us....I become very thankful for such a great community who cares!

You can request an application using the link that Russ shared. We'd be honored if you joined us too. :)

To me this is a way to say Thank You in our actions and not just our words. Thanks so much Torrey for allowing Cathy and I to be a part of this fantastic program. We are anxiously awaiting our first job through Cleaning for Heroes.

This looks really cool!

We Applied - took all of five minutes.

How many do you think we could get to sign up from "The Grime Scene"?

Lets get a head count and set a goal - come on fellow 'Grimers'.

25? 50? 100?

Is anybody else having trouble with the application form? It keeps telling me I havn't completed all the required fields, when I in fact did. I guess I'll try again tomarrow.

Hi guys!

Thanks to everyone who has joined up. I am not sure why the form wouldn't submit unless you didn't check off the box at the very bottom certifying that all information is correct? See if that was it...

I will be out of the office for a little while tomorrow to go vote, so I should have any pending applications approved by tomorrow night. :) Thanks again! We are thrilled to see the support of everyone here, and we DO appreciate it.

The PWNC is also very pleased to promote Cleaning for Heroes - we will identify each of our Network Associates who are providers with a Cleaning for Heroes icon and also will be putting a press release on the home page of the site mid-month :) This is a great hand-in-hand activity with our Honoring our Fallen Heroes project.

Thank you Torrey for the amazing work that you have done with this!

Torrey,

The new site design looks great. Thanks again for putting us on the updated Service Provider list under Miami, FL. Hopefully we can make some holidays a little merrier for our heroes when their families come down to visit them in the Sunshine State.

Has anyone actually been contacted to do a job with Cleaning for Heroes yet? We'll be featuring them in the premiere issue of Pressure Cleaning Contractor online magazine and I'd love to get feedback on the experience. Thanks!

surprisingly not yet...I am in a major retirement community area that has to be LOADED with disabled vets...just waiting for that first one.

Edited by Oxfordlawn

Just wanted to get this thread back on the top! We believe that everyone should try to join this, as it helps all who has been protecting us and our families.

We have sent in our application just waiting to hear back from them.

Has anyone that has signed up for Cleaning For Heroes went out and advertised this great cause in your area? If so what results have you seen from it?

Thanks,

Matthew J. Pate