Sign in to follow this  
Scott Stone

Harry Potter

Question

34 answers to this question

And why do you think I posted it???

I am going with no.3 son, who is 15. I have a long night ahead of me, and not enough sleep, but, as usual, I am going to make it happen. I will probably go again, at least once this weekend, with my daughter, who is 12. You know, the one in my avatar...

Greg,

You have to understand....some of us are hopelessly effected. We dressed up in costume for the midnight release of book seven and waited for hours for it! It's like being a Trekkie.....

Beth

I LOVE it! That's awesome!

How was it? (Don't give anything away please!) I am going Monday while the kids are in school. I'm taking the day "off" (I work from home for myself, so I don't know if that really counts) and going to see it at 10 a.m. at the IMAX.

And is this not THE end? I heard the radio say it was Part 1. I thought this was it.

The movie is...okay. There is not even a single scene at Hogwarts, there are some very intense moments that I don't think would be good for little kids. There is a little bit of graphic gore. There is also a dream sequence that is very suggestive, and it appears that Hermione Harry are nude in, but you can't see anything. (really, you have to see it to understand.) Decently made, but do not expect it to be classic Harry Potter, because it isn't. But then book 7 was not classic Harry Potter. My son is a HP nut, and knows more about it then anybody should even try to know, and he said that it gets about 2/3's of the way through the book. Alls I know is that it ended after ol' what's his face got Dumbledore's wand.

Scott, it was supposed to end there. There is a part two to book 7, the movie for the finale is due out in July of 2011. That is the big battle at Hogwarts, the trip to the pensive, and the end of Voldemort. The book did not have them at Hogwarts until near the end of the book so it is correct not to have them in Hogwarts until next July.

If it was darker and more adult, it stayed true to the book. In the movies and books, the kids grow up, and I think the way JK intended is for kids to grow up with the series too.

We are going Sunday to see it. (wow, tomorrow!!!!)

Hooray!

Beth

p.s. Allison, we are seeing it first in a regular theater, then in a week or so we will go to IMAX.

Edited by Beth n Rod

I knew that. I was just trying to let Allison know, without telling her, where it ended. I also am thinking that she has little kids, so, did not want them going and getting scared. Life is too short to be scared unnecessarily.

And no, I have no use for horror flic's.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I won't take my kids. Abby (5) "likes scary stuff" but she hasn't see any of the others yet and it just looks too grown up. Ethan (7) has high-functioning autism and does not like movies at the theater.

I thought the commercials made it look scarier than a PG rating. I will still go Monday (I hope!)

I'm with you Scott. I am not a horror movie person either. The closest I get to it is sci-fi, and suspense. No slashers, no zombies, not my thing.

Beth

Horror movies, roller coasters and falling off a bike are all a lot scarier now that I'm 40.

I like the books better than the movies.

Thanks!! The company I work for has printed a few Harry Potter titles.

My wife and kids are into the whole Potter thing, but I never got into it.

Kinda wierd...my first post on the site. Sweet. Lets see how my sig turned out.

Edited by Dieseldad97
adding a sig.

Thanks!! The company I work for has printed a few Harry Potter titles.

My wife and kids are into the whole Potter thing, but I never got into it.

Kinda wierd...my first post on the site. Sweet. Lets see how my sig turned out.

Where's my sig?

Edit..found it LOL

Edited by Dieseldad97
sig test

I must be in a serious minority - I HATE HARRY POTTER!!!

No offense to you guys, it's just my personal opinion, but I don't understand how a grown adult could sit through a 3 hour fantasy style movie. I just don't get the hype. I tried watching the first one but fell asleep about 30 minutes into it. Have seen other bits and pieces of it and it looked just as stupid. Witchcraft, sorcery, etc is not my thing.