Sign in to follow this  
larryh

Thank You All

Question

On a warm summer day in August of 1984 my career in the power washing industry began as an entry level employee for RAHSCO Mfg. Company. My job consisted of testing new pressure washers prior to their delivery to the new owners. Coming from a background in high speed manufacturing of beverage cans for the previous 18 years this wasn’t much of a challenge considering I had been supervising a multibillion dollar operation with more than a hundred employees. So needless to say I quickly became bored with my newly found career and began looking for a way to utilize my past experience to bring growth to my new employer. I continued this cycle for 26 years. Times changed, faces changed, people prospered, companies grew and some people left the industry. The industry has grown stronger and will certainly outlive those of us who cared for it in its infancy. Now nearly 27 years from that August day it is time for me to bid a fond farewell to the thousands of people that have been so good to me over the years and to thank you so much for making my life in the power washing industry such a happy one. The month of December will be my last to work in this industry. I will try to monitor the industry bulletin boards and will be reachable through my facebook page should anyone wish to discuss pressure washers or anything for that matter.

Till Then

Larry Hinckley

9 answers to this question

OMG - Noooooooooo Larry, you can't leave us :)

In all seriousness - congratulations on a lifetime of work well done - enjoy your new endeavor :) It has always been a pleasure speaking and seeing you! You are an icon in our industry!

Celeste

Although we meet once at the Vegas Round Table, I feel like I have know you for a much longer time, I am reviewing you technical videos on youtube all the time. Thank You for your contribution to the industry.

Mr Larry Hinckely............, you would truly be missed, best wishes to you and yours.

Larry, you have touched so very many lives, including ours. I really am at a loss for words. I wish you every happiness, every success, and the very best of health. You deserve so much more than any of us can ever wish to give you.

With love...,

Beth

Larry,

It is sad to see you go. You gave so much to the industry. I enjoyed our talks over the years. You may not remember, but I picked your brain about our first design of our Pressure Washing rig back in 2000. In 1988/89 I had a Delco D6300. GREAT machine. We have talked about that machine over the years. You are very knowledgeable and a great resource to the industry.

The industry as a whole will miss you.

Jim Gamble

510-612-0437

I left Larry a message on *** so straight to the chase..Larry you are a true ICON in this industry and you have touch many lives including myself and for all you have done I can't say enough nice things about you. Enjoy your retirement and live your dreams. Thanks