Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Plane trouble

Question

Did anyone else hear this on the news this morning? Something about a jet having engine trouble and made an emergency landing. Leonardo DiCaprio happened to be on the plane and all the focus was centered on HIM! A reporter said something like Leonardo DiCaprio went above and beyond the call by signing autographs for the flight crew and passangers. Is this crazy? The media is so screwed up in this country. How about a little focus the the people that were actually FLYING the plane. Does anyone else find this absurd?

13 answers to this question

Common your being a little unfair to Leonardo. Give the poor errr rich guy a break. He's environmentally an upstanding individual as is Oprah Winfrey and many of there friends. Your not being fair. These people when not being driven in there 50' gas burning stretch limos or using there corporate Jets to go to the French Riviera a few times a month do for publicity purposes drive at most hardly never those free cars they get that are supposedly better on the environment then what it is that your driving.

Stop being so harsh on these people....Jeeesh.

As I recall, he used to be a pilot for Pan Am. But I thought he died in a boating accident?

IIRC, he died in the boating accident and then was a Pan Am pilot.

Yeah but my point was ... How did this guy go "above and beyond" by signing autographs? What did this guy do that he has to be praised on the national media. Reminds me of Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize. My sister deserves it hundreds of times more than he does.

post-2213-13777235767_thumb.jpg

Yeah but my point was ... How did this guy go "above and beyond" by signing autographs? What did this guy do that he has to be praised on the national media. Reminds me of Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize. My sister deserves it hundreds of times more than he does.

LOL....I would vote for your sister also. I'm sure she has done alot more constructive things in her life then alot of the nitwits that are running our country.

Celebrity's have always been the newsworthy stories to the writers. Thats life. Its all bullshizz but on this one I can see why they did that with Leonardo. Leonardo went out of his way to sign autographs for these people just to be a nice guy. Not much else he can do there but that. So I give him Kudo's for doing that so these people will have some good memories of what could have been a nightmare. Other Celebs would have never done that because there heads got way to big. It wasn't leanardo's fault that the writers wanted to only report that.

LOL....I would vote for your sister also. I'm sure she has done alot more constructive things in her life then alot of the nitwits that are running our country.

This is my sister's company http://www.kelleycom.com/ She travels to many third-world countries treating children with hemophilia and has written many books for adults and children on hemophilia.

I was in a crash on the way to SC, no one covered it. The engine fell off the plane!!! We lived

Yikes! Don't they check those things before you leave the ground? Once while returning back to Japan we were flying over Alaska. I remember it perfectly... I was looking out the window at the snow covered mountains thinking how much fun it would be to ride my snowmobile through it.. Sniff sniff, is that smoke I smell? Yup. It was an interior fire that the crew was able to put out in 15 minutes or so. That never made the news either.

post-2213-137772357674_thumb.jpg

It's not absurd. Most people never get the chance to meet anyone famous. I got goosebumps when I went to my first NASCAR race and saw Jeff Gordon and Rick Hendrick in real. I know it sounds wierd...

Many years ago I back up my International Scout in David Letterman's driveway so I could turn around. I don't think that counts for meeting anyone famous.

Can you believe I used to drive that back and forth (for college) from Massachusetts to Ohio? It really was a great truck, I loved it.