Does Networking really help at 11:00 PM on a Saturday Night?

Last night at around 8 pm, one of our specialty Kubota diesel machines fuel filter got clogged. So I called the local auto parts store for a replacement. They did not have the correct fuel filter canister. This performance fuel filter was just over 1/2 quart. This fuel filter was bigger than the oil filter. We tried everything we could think of. I new where to get the part on Monday, but this would not help me tonight. Tonight is when I need it. I was cleaning a time sensitive garage that needed to be finished by early Monday morning before 5 am. So I called all the parts stores... Nothing. Then I started to call my business contacts and they started to call their's.

I get a call back at 10 pm. Jim, I found one, but you need to meet him at his house. The problem is it's just over an hour away from you and he will be going to bed at 11:00, so you got to hurry. As I am speeding at 80 mph in a 65 zone in a down pour, I was just thinking of the networking that went on to get this unique part. How all of my fellow business associates who have day jobs from 8 to 5 weekdays came together, some while having dining with their love ones, others while out on the town. They were all eager to help me, not asking for anything in return. Some using their influence to get the part that I needed tonight.

Thats what networking is about !

Jim Gamble

Crystal Cleaning Company LLC

Antioch, California 94509

www.GarageCleaning.Net

510-612-0437

Parking Garage Cleaning Experts going the extra mile

I always carry extras. Seems simple enough to me. I am glad you were able to find it, though.

I never carry Extras, preventive maint is done daily. If we break a Unit another one is dispatched to the location in less than one hour. The unot is maint the new day and put back into service.

Three different ways to run a business, Networking does help always. Knowing people and fellow trademens is always a good thing.

We have a mobile repair guy if its really important......

Oh Yeah, I dont work weekends

Edited by Ron Musgraves