Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

MSDS Binders

Work is slowing outside so we're working on some office projects - including our MSDS binders. Cold or inclimate weather is an excellent time to make this a priority since new products hit the market every year.

How many keep an MSDS binder not only IN each of your trucks, but also another copy in the office?

What sort of "order" are your sheets in? Are they simply in alphabetical order by product name or chemical name? In case of an emergency, it is vital that someone be able to easily find the sheet.

For those with crews running that may not have mastered speaking English, much less read it - do you have other translations?

I just thought that this was a good time to bring this subject up :)

Celeste

I have always kept a Copy in the truck and the office. We also stick them on the container themselves, another trick is we actually have used transparent stickers for insurance on the drivers window of the trucks. I wonder if they will accept Smart phone, have it in the smart phone.

Work is slowing outside so we're working on some office projects - including our MSDS binders. Cold or inclimate weather is an excellent time to make this a priority since new products hit the market every year.

How many keep an MSDS binder not only IN each of your trucks, but also another copy in the office?

What sort of "order" are your sheets in? Are they simply in alphabetical order by product name or chemical name? In case of an emergency, it is vital that someone be able to easily find the sheet.

For those with crews running that may not have mastered speaking English, much less read it - do you have other translations?

Celeste

You guys have trucks !!!!!!!!!

you guys have offices!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I have all of my MSDS's tattooed on my back.

Just Kidding Celetial.

I have kept a binder in my (1) truck and in my office ( spare bedroom shared with a parrot and alot of guitars) for many years.

Thx for posting this though, I could check some dates!!!

Edited by Adrian
stop calling everytime I post, Potter

fuel??????? We have to carry one for fuel as well.

The fuel in our equipment right???? Not for our vehicle.

Deisel or Kerosene. Is that the kind of fuel you mean?

I don't know if I have room on my back for another msds.

There is this book http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/3/erg-gmu/erg/ergmenu.aspx which is found in fire trucks, ambulances,

& police cars. I entered Sodium Hydroxide in the search box, clicked enter and found http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/3/erg-gmu/erg/search.aspx. I then clicked on Guide 154, which the form of SH that was spilled when the bucket fell over, and found this http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/3/erg-gmu/erg/guidepage.aspx?guide=154. Guide 154 tells the first responder how to handle that particular chemicle in that particular form. Notice it tells the first responder how to handle spills, & fires. I got my hard copy when I was Asstant chief/training officer of a small rural FD. You might be able to get a copy from the local FD, PD, DOT. Or you can print out only what you need based upon what chems you use. Then is can be put in your haz mat book. You can also put that above the wall above your haz mat storage.

Yes Adrian, the fuel I was peaking of does not include the vehicle fuel.

And when I need more writing surface, I turn the page. Have you thought of just turning the other cheek, so to speak, to expose more writing surface?

Yes Adrian, the fuel I was peaking of does not include the vehicle fuel.

And when I need more writing surface, I turn the page. Have you thought of just turning the other cheek, so to speak, to expose more writing surface?

Actually I was saving that space for the signature rules and requirements.

....sorry I had to.......

Great links too. Thx.

Actually I was saving that space for the signature rules and requirements.

....sorry I had to.......

Great links too. Thx.

You might not want to expose your customers to your requirement. And, no pictures please.

Celeste

They have an app that translates language for your smartphone.