Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Winter activity-whats yours?

Question

Just thought I would pop a question to see what life is like for other woodies this time of year.

-Got anything going?

-Cabin fever yet?

-Remodeling anything?

-How fat have you gotten?

-Sick of the weather channel yet?

Rod!~

63 answers to this question

Two Philcos from 1942 in my livingroom. Both need total wood restoration but work fine. I already have one under construction in the basement and don't need to bring anything else down there.

post-2213-137772367297_thumb.jpg

post-2213-13777236754_thumb.jpg

Here is a rare book from 1922 titled The Miracle of Radio. I love the picture of "The new compact radio device carried in a suitcase." It's an AM radio.

post-2213-137772367671_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772367755_thumb.jpg

Well, that's a few of them, hope you like the pictures. There are actually many more (mostly Hallicrafters and others) but I have to go in the "radio room" and dust them off before photographing them.

I don't know what the restored european ones are worth, I never looked into it. I know the Philcos are not worth much in original or restored condition. They are easy to find and only go for about 50 dollars. It's just a fun way to spend some free time and doesn't cost much. Besides I've always loved woking with electronics since I've been a little kid.

Here's my little Triumph. I bought it as a basket case about 12 years ago, no interior,engine,electrical, etc. Took 5 years of slowly picking at it to restore the car. Still needs a few little things but I have taken first place with it a few times at the car shows.

post-2213-137772368126_thumb.jpg

Doing some remodeling here. I'm putting up 2 piece crown molding in my office, hallway, and living room. Replacing flat wood doors with 6 panel painted doors. And trying to get half the house repainted before the warmer weather arrives.

We've got the basement completely gutted, recessed lights installed, outlets reconfigured, drywalled, taped and now I am on the sanding drywall part.

Bought the new laminate flooring, waiting on the heated flooring to arrive and next to go pick out the book shelves. (sorry, not enough time to build them this year.)

Rod!~

We've got the basement completely gutted, recessed lights installed, outlets reconfigured, drywalled, taped and now I am on the sanding drywall part.

Bought the new laminate flooring, waiting on the heated flooring to arrive and next to go pick out the book shelves. (sorry, not enough time to build them this year.)

Rod!~

Yes, but we are finishing the raw lumber ourselves....and that is a nice savings! :dancing:

The basement looks better already!

Beth :cup:

I just bought a 10 acre hobby farm. Going to raise some chickens and pigs, and a real big garden. I've always wanted to live rural, and now I can. Pressure washing got me to where I want to be. I'm still keeping the biz going, but slowing down my life. Big smiles from here on out.

LIFE IS GOOD!!

I'm doing Decks! :lgjump:

OK, make that Deck. Took advantage of a rare day above 50 degrees. Can't wait for spring!

post-3028-137772369388_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tonyg

Rod!~

How 'bout some pictures?