Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Winter activity-whats yours?

Question

Just thought I would pop a question to see what life is like for other woodies this time of year.

-Got anything going?

-Cabin fever yet?

-Remodeling anything?

-How fat have you gotten?

-Sick of the weather channel yet?

Rod!~

63 answers to this question

I just bought a 10 acre hobby farm. Going to raise some chickens and pigs, and a real big garden. I've always wanted to live rural, and now I can. Pressure washing got me to where I want to be. I'm still keeping the biz going, but slowing down my life. Big smiles from here on out.

LIFE IS GOOD!!

That is so cool. Congrats!

Today's project is making flashing blue wig-wag lights for Patrick's Lego police truck. Nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I'll post pictures when it's finished.

Finished the truck with Patrick. I think rebuilding the Lego truck was more difficult than building the little circuit for the flashers.

<object width="400" height="224" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1820207793039" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1820207793039" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="224"></embed></object>

post-2213-137772371513_thumb.jpg

That doesn't seem to work (the link).

Let's try this....

OOOPS...number two and three should be reversed.

Old basement, drywall in, down to concrete, radiant heating down, new floor down.....next comes custom cabinets we are finishing ourselves....

Beth

post-1-137772371779_thumb.jpg

post-1-137772371814_thumb.jpg

post-1-137772371829_thumb.jpg

post-1-137772371844_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beth n Rod

It's not a walkout. There is a vapor barrier on the floor, under the heating, next to the concrete. The heat takes the cold off of the floor which will be nice in the winter. In the summer we will leave it off.

Also adding LOTS of storage. We are waiting for the floor to ceiling cabinets to arrive, and then we will finish them and install them.

Beth