Sign in to follow this  
Guest CB_PC

Questions on where to buy pressure washer hose 150' to 250' long ? Any by the foot?

Guest CB_PC

Hello, I am tired of the 50' 75' and 100' hose connections catching on things as I pull it around buildings. I am thinking of buying " NON MARKING -NO BLACK" at least a 150' hose, but if the price was reasonable, maybe 200' or even 250'

I looked some online and it "APPEARS" that the Simpson 200' hoses may be the best deal for the $

I would like to know if any of you have gone to using these longer hoses and if you have narrowed it down to the best hose for the money and who you suggest buying from?

If you prefer not to post such info, you can just email me? 5282jt@gmail.com

Thank You!!

Chuck

Edited by CB_PC

I use 100 ft sections and tape the connections with duct tape.Whena 200 ft hose blows yu are down.When ine blow I at least have 100 ft to finish with.Then there is the cost of throwing away a 200 ft hose.I have never had a repair last very long.

I use 100 ft sections and tape the connections with duct tape.Whena 200 ft hose blows yu are down.When ine blow I at least have 100 ft to finish with.Then there is the cost of throwing away a 200 ft hose.I have never had a repair last very long.

JC there is a NAPA store in downtown Fairhope that does a wonderful job on repairs, I had three done last summer and thy are still going and at a good price too, I think it was about 30 bucks for all three.

Russ am I right to assume these are all 1 wire?

Also with a 1/2 inch hose will it effect the draw rate when downstreaming at longer leangths with 8 gpm?

Edited by Russ Spence

Russ am I right to assume these are all 1 wire?

Also with a 1/2 inch hose will it effect the draw rate when downstreaming at longer leangths with 8 gpm?

Absolutely. Especially at higher volumes like yours. There's a lot less back pressure in a 1/2" hose. Let's say you want to run 200'. Make the first 150' 1/2" hose and the last 50' 3/8" for ease of handling.

And reusable ends. I use them all the time with great results. Some hoses are just junk, but my thought is, as long as it is just blowing out on the ends, I can slap a reusable end on it, and be good to go. If it blows in the middle, it is junk.

Guest CB_PC

Thanks, that's what I have been using - 2 100' hoses and one 50' mainly. Problem is each joint catching on trees etc as I pull it around a house etc. The other problem is, putting those joints on a hose reel. It's sloppy and tends to kink the connections where the bend away on each end. I always have an extra 100' and 50' hose in the back seat of the truck-if one blows.

I have a pressure wash supply store nearby that can repair hoses for $12.00 a connection and I have never had one break in 22 years. The only one that ever came apart, I did at a NAPPA store and now they say they are not allowed by the company to do pressure washing hoses???

Thanks again for your reply!

Chuck

Guest CB_PC
And reusable ends. I use them all the time with great results. Some hoses are just junk, but my thought is, as long as it is just blowing out on the ends, I can slap a reusable end on it, and be good to go. If it blows in the middle, it is junk.

Interesting! I have tried 2 reusable ends and both came right off within an hour.

Is there a trick to it? Where do you buy your ends from?

Thanks,

Chuck

Guest CB_PC
Absolutely. Especially at higher volumes like yours. There's a lot less back pressure in a 1/2" hose. Let's say you want to run 200'. Make the first 150' 1/2" hose and the last 50' 3/8" for ease of handling.

Hmmmm, never thought about 1/2" hose?

I have one 50' 1/2" just because it came with a buy out I did of another contractor. It's heavy and 5600psi I think? :-)

All the 150 hoses I found were quite expensive, I can't imagine what a half inch 150' hose would cost?

What do they cost? :-)

I only use non marking hose and nothing black.

Thanks!

Chuck

Edited by CB_PC
add

Guest CB_PC
ACR products and Delux Cleaning Supply probably both carry them too.

Click their banners here to visit the sites.

Beth

Thanks, but I don't see those banners?

Hmmmm, never thought about 1/2" hose?

I have one 50' 1/2" just because it came with a buy out I did of another contractor. It's heavy and 5600psi I think? :-)

All the 150 hoses I found were quite expensive, I can't imagine what a half inch 150' hose would cost?

What do they cost? :-)

I only use non marking hose and nothing black.

Thanks!

Chuck

Why only use non marking? Just curious and by the way the inks above that Russ Johnson posted have links to the prices of the 1/2 inch hose but not in the 150 foot sections, I would guess 150 foot of 1/2 in hose would be in the 290 to 295 range

Guest CB_PC
Why only use non marking? Just curious and by the way the inks above that Russ Johnson posted have links to the prices of the 1/2 inch hose but not in the 150 foot sections, I would guess 150 foot of 1/2 in hose would be in the 290 to 295 range

Because here in Florida dragging black / marking hoses across nice driveways and white pool decks makes more work and looks unprofessional as we go to the customers and neighbors.

I might pay $290.00 for 150' of non marking 5600 psi hose! He's checking on it.

Thanks,

Chuck