Sign in to follow this  
Washed Up

getting noticed by customers

Question

12 answers to this question

I could c that workin

I'm not trying to sound like a smart a$$ but watch your spelling and grammar. I've only read two posts by you and both had errors. When you're dealing with customers they more than likely own the house or building (which usually represents a great deal of money) you are bidding on. If I saw a bid with these kind of errors on it I would move on to the next powerwashing bid. Just my thoughts.

when most of you guy's started out did you do anything special to get potential customers to notice you'r business?

Hey John, how's it going? Yards sign's are a great way to get noticed. I had before sign's and after signs. Also, after doing a job I would always knock on the doors of neighbors and introduce myself, and give a handout flyer about my business. I also always timed my arrival to get to the job at about 7:30-7:45 so that I would get noticed by the neighbors when they are leaving for work.

Goes without saying that your work is the most important way to get noticed, and always ask your customer before leaving if they are 100% satisified. Then ask them to refer you to there neighbors.

These are just a couple ways to get noticed as your starting out, Email me or call me if you want to discuss more. Hope this helps.

You mentioned before and after signs.

Do you mean you had one sign that youput in the yard when you bid and landed the job and then when you went back to do the job you changed the sign?