Sign in to follow this  
extremeclean

Rain Suits

Question

I had bought 5 rain suits from bass pro shops they are the columbia brand the only bad thing about them is the crotch of them tears. Im looking for some that are made of good quality that will last, I understand that the ones I bought was not the top of the line they normally sell them for $50 and got them on sale for $20. In the winter time I put sub zero coveralls on with the rain suit to keep warm and dry.

I would like to know what brand rain suits do you have that you wear in the winter and what brand you wear in the summer, the place to get them from, model number & price

19 answers to this question

I had a pair of Helly Hansen pants that lasted for a while. They kept me dry, and were so thin, they were actually comfortable to wear.

I've bought the $20 bibs with jacket, and the crotch usuallly rips out the first day, not to mention they are bulky.

We switched over to tall wader boots that come up your thigh. Already have long "trench coat" type rain jacket. The combo seems to be working ok until you roll the boots down and try to walk around, a lot of excess boot to deal with like a fireman's boot.

I use a sand blasting suit (not sure who makes it). Really tough and gets the job done. Unfortunately, the suit is a bit unbearable when summer temperature climbs above 85oF.

I have a rain suit I bought from meijers. I think it was about 60 bucks for the jacket in the pants and its more like a pvc. In winter I mostly wear coveralls. I also have seal skin socks and gloves. Completley water proof. There pretty high tho. $40 bucks a pair. but worth it when your out in the cold washing trucks. I seen a carhartt rain suit at national workwear. It was all black and really thick pvc. I'm planning on going back and getting one this winter. Look like theyd hold up pretty well. Summer time, i dont wear a rain suit.

Best i found for the work i do is item #: 4T239 from Grainger.Very good quality long lasting once you feel these and where them you will see. Mine are about 2 years old ruff looking but still usable. It has a rubber coating used by emergency services as well.

Oh and the seams are still together will not come apart on you.

Edited by cleanhoods

They also have a matching top but i didn't get it yet my top from Northern still okay but i will get the matching one when ready for sure the quality is just the best.

I've tried all the lightweight ones and they never held up....crotch always ripped. I have two pairs of these from Tractor Supply West Chester® Master Gear® Men's 50 mm PVC Overalls - 645977899 | Tractor Supply Company

They are 50mm pvc, picked them up late last season but crotch is already torn in one and slowly getting worse on the other. Not sure what to look for as these were double seemed but the pvc itself tore (even with 50mm)

I had a very good year last year with all the roofs we are now doing. This winter sucked but we are starting again. I hope to se you guys again sometime I had a lot of fun a couple years ago, golfing, a couple drinks and B.S. I still never saw any pictures from our foresome?

FYI when you're stripping the underside of a deck in the wind or leaning over the top rail of an elevated deck to wash the spindles coming toward you, you can see why a nice pair of rain bibs or jacket might be a bit helpful to keep your skin from peeling off

Grunden's, Viking or Heely Hanson. I've had all three brands they all last about two years until they go into the "recycle bin". I get them at my Brother in Law's tackle shop. But any commercial fishing outfitter or high end bait shop should have good gear.

BTW, I've been using the blue Viking boots for a couple of years now. they only last a season but they are extremely comfortable, great traction on roofs and they look pretty damn good compared to the ugly black pvc or even worse the "white Disco" Sorrell's.

I have done the striped raised decks in the cold and yes it sucks when you are wet and cold. My guys use then sometimes. I was just having fun with ya.

I had a very good year last year with all the roofs we are now doing. This winter sucked but we are starting again. I hope to se you guys again sometime I had a lot of fun a couple years ago, golfing, a couple drinks and B.S. I still never saw any pictures from our foresome?

You are absolutely right Brian!!!!!!! Neither have I and i took the pictures. I am on a mission!!!