Sign in to follow this  
Jason Yahner

Concrete stain removal?

Question

I have a customer that wants to remove an old stain that they rolled on three years after the slab was poured. They are going to restain it with a similar stain so I don't have to worry about shadowing. I hit it with my pressure washer to test and it comes up but takes some time to do even a small area. Anyone know of a chemical I can use to speed up this process?

6 answers to this question

Concrete is a hard and durable building material. Painting or sealing a concrete surface is a good way to prevent staining. Stains can be removed from concrete by either dry or wet methods or a combination of them. Scrub the concrete well with liquid dish soap, rinse, and let it dry thoroughly. When it's completely dry, buy a penetrating sealer to help prevent future stains. The sealer is spread on with a brush and it provides a barrier against both moisture and stains.

Please add your signature.

House Rules.

It seems that my golf cart batteries dripped onto a buddy's new concrete while my cart was parked there over the course of a few weeks while I rebuilt my storage room. The stains are orang/tan and I do have a couple of places where the concrete blistered. Not concerned much about the blistered area as I will skim it with some patch. The solution to the stain problem and how, please? What will remove the stain or bleach the concrete back to the normal off-white color?  concrete sealing jacksonville

15 hours ago, jobalthough said:

It seems that my golf cart batteries dripped onto a buddy's new concrete while my cart was parked there over the course of a few weeks while I rebuilt my storage room. The stains are orang/tan and I do have a couple of places where the concrete blistered. Not concerned much about the blistered area as I will skim it with some patch. The solution to the stain problem and how, please? What will remove the stain or bleach the concrete back to the normal off-white color?  concrete sealing jacksonville

Acid staining is a way to change the color of concrete to begin with. Not sure how to reverse the process excess to neutralize it with an alkaline cleaner or bleach.

Rod & Beth