Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

How long are your estimates good for?

How long are your quotes good for?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How long are your quotes good for?

• 30 days
    • 60 days
    • 90 days
    • Other (explain in thread)

Most of the time my quotes are either sold or dead within 3 months for residential. Commercial contracts have a clause allowing for pricing increases due to cost of services sold every year.

Written proposals are only good for 14 days, unless it is discussed in advance that the customer may not be making a decision soon. For residential decks we are seeking customers ready to have the work done fairly immediately.

I have some seasonal price adjustments as well so can't leave it open for too long

About 1 page.... Just kidding. I give 90 days but I have also been known to take them even later than that. I don't think that 90 days the gas prices will change that much. For a deck maybe $5-$10 depending on how far you have to drive. Mine are all mostly within 30 miles and that is only 4 gallons there and back. Even if gas went up $1 per gallon that is 8 gallons for drive time and max 2 gallons for pressure washer so $10. Now this might be different on a log or wood siding home where the equipment will be running a lot more.

Its not just gas prices Pat, stain went up like 10 bucks a pail or something, if you use 2 or 3 pails that 30 bucks plus the 10 for gas plus figure freight has gone up as well for other stuff.

But there's also the condition of the property, while it doesn't happen often i might price a maintenance deck at the 2 year mark much lower than that same deck a year if the condition has worsened